GOLFMKV

***MAPerformance MK7 GTI Catted/Catless Downpipe Group Buy!***

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAPerformance1

MAPerformance
Car(s)
MK7 GTI Sport
Oh no! Yeah, that may be something we need to replace for you sir. Can you email those to me please? ipeterson@maperformance.com

Guessing it's not supposed to look like this...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Oh no! Yeah, that may be something we need to replace for you sir. Can you email those to me please? ipeterson@maperformance.com
Hey Ian, I bent it back with suggestions from the fellas here (the crescent wrench idea was particularly effective). All good. Install was a freaking walk in the park compared to removing the oem piece. It was about half an inch short connecting to the factory catback, but the clamp more than covered it. I think I'm all set. Stage 2 v2 tune is awesome btw. Thanks again!

MAPerformance1

MAPerformance
Car(s)
MK7 GTI Sport
Glad to hear!

Hey Ian, I bent it back with suggestions from the fellas here (the crescent wrench idea was particularly effective). All good. Install was a freaking walk in the park compared to removing the oem piece. It was about half an inch short connecting to the factory catback, but the clamp more than covered it. I think I'm all set. Stage 2 v2 tune is awesome btw. Thanks again!

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
What resonator do you use if elected Ian? I'm debating using yours or the vibrant one everyone talks about on here? Also what's difference in price between catted w/ and w/o resonator

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
What resonator do you use if elected Ian? I'm debating using yours or the vibrant one everyone talks about on here? Also what's difference in price between catted w/ and w/o resonator

If you go with that other resonator it will be quieter for sure, but you will have to have a muffler shop likely put it in as it is longer than the MAP one. The resonator was another $100. The DP makes the exhaust substantially louder even with the resonator so if you want stealth you need a bigger resonator.

Mattism78

Ready to race!
Shameless plug for MAPerformance and Ian, but I loaded their Stage 2 Cobb MAP today after installing this downpipe and the car absolutely rips. Now it's time for an intercooler and clutch.

BananaSlug

Ready to race!
How long would it usually take a CEL to show up? I'm thinking about running the GESI dp without a Stage 2 tune to see if it throws a CEL.

How long would it usually take a CEL to show up? I'm thinking about running the GESI dp without a Stage 2 tune to see if it throws a CEL.

I would think it would be within minutes honestly. I'm not positive because I don't know the parameters of the ecu, but that'd be my guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BananaSlug

Ready to race!
IT CAME TODAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.