GOLFMKV

***MAPerformance MK7 GTI Catted/Catless Downpipe Group Buy!***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
It's in! Not bad. Didn't break anything, probably because no plastic involved. Forgot I didn't have hex socket but got it off with a key. Snagged some from harbor freight and finished it off. Also was a bit stumped on the resonator fitment but assumed the clamp plus muffler sealant would be fine. it is, no leaks. used a block of wood and wedged it against muffler to hold it forward so i could use both hands to tighten clamp.

amazon spacer made it a bit tetris to get in but nbd. no cel yet.

CharmedL1fe

Passed Driver's Ed
Was there any need for replacement gaskets? Won't be able to install until next weekend, but would like to have everything in one place when I start, so I can just knock it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FL7UAWU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016P42V4W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KWGBBNM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And a touch of antiseize on the spacer and o2 sensor threads. I built the spacer like 2slowvw:

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?p=317641

I'll report back by end of week on any CEL. Couldn't get o2 wire to go back into very leftmost clip. Used a couple zipties chained to hold it onto the base of the clip and away from the DP.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
It's in! Not bad. Didn't break anything, probably because no plastic involved. Forgot I didn't have hex socket but got it off with a key. Snagged some from harbor freight and finished it off. Also was a bit stumped on the resonator fitment but assumed the clamp plus muffler sealant would be fine. it is, no leaks. used a block of wood and wedged it against muffler to hold it forward so i could use both hands to tighten clamp.

amazon spacer made it a bit tetris to get in but nbd. no cel yet.

Really curious how your setup with resonator would sound on magnaflow catback.....could I still add the vibrant resonator if it was too loud ?

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Well mine showed up and united parcel smashers strike again. Box was dented pretty good, but the downpipe seemed well packed. Opened it up and everything looked good...until I noticed my bracket is bent. :( Okay to try to bend back, or should I wait and talk to Ian on Monday? This sucks, as I won't be able to install now for 2 more weeks if I don't install tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Guessing it's not supposed to look like this...

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah, or stick a Cresent wrench on there and tweak it back. Works like pliers but without the tooth marks.

Jrj1

installed today fitment was ok had to drill out and bend the top bracket a little, no cel. hopefully have sound clips soon. overall pretty happy thanks ian and maperformance

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Use an extension to remove the nut on the top of the bracket on the passenger side. Straight shot down next to the strut housing. It should have good manueverablity now. Slide DP onto the bracket, attach to turbo, then work your way down, put nut on top of bracket back in, put 2 nuts on face of bracket in, put 2 bolts on hangar in, add resonator/midpipe and screw clamp down, put brace back in with 4 bolts.

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Well maybe I shouldn't be attempting this. I've watched the videos, got everything loosened up, but I can't even reach the bracket that attaches the oem dp to the block. You guys make it sound so damn easy, lol. What's the secret?

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Let's just say I won't be quitting my office job to become a mechanic. 3 hours later and I've finally got the oem pipe out. I don't think I'd bother putting it back for anything other than the most expensive warranty work. And even then I might not bother, since it's so scratched up it'll be obvious that it was swapped. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.