GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Washington State emissions and catted downpipe

17GTI

I'm going to be moving to Washington and I want to get an aftermarket catted downpipe. Will the emissions people in Seattle freak out over this? I'm hoping since I want to order a catted downpipe they won't care since there will still be a catalytic converter. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

BLem7

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm going to be moving to Washington and I want to get an aftermarket catted downpipe. Will the emissions people in Seattle freak out over this? I'm hoping since I want to order a catted downpipe they won't care since there will still be a catalytic converter. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
No idea but if you find any info can you post it here? I am in Seattle too and I would be interested if you get any info

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

17GTI

Well if no one responds I'll be making a custom 3 inch exhaust and will just swap in the factory one for emissions.

MrFunkyFresh

Well if no one responds I'll be making a custom 3 inch exhaust and will just swap in the factory one for emissions.

The guys at Achtuning would know. They install downpipes all day. Achtuning is a great shop in Redmond they will help you out.

BLem7

Passed Driver's Ed
Found this on the WA emissions website... So I guess that means the car does not need emissions testing if it is newer than 2009.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk