GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help! What is this part?

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
For future reference post what the part is for since it will help someone else that sees this post.

For future reference this is part of damper for the glovebox that will fly out when you service your cabin filter etc.. I'm pretty sure that the rubber grommets are missing as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2.0Low

Passed Driver's Ed
For future reference post what the part is for since it will help someone else that sees this post.

For future reference this is part of damper for the glovebox that will fly out when you service your cabin filter etc.. I'm pretty sure that the rubber grommets are missing as well.

Yeah, you're right. I felt like I was polluting the forum, so I deleted my post after I found out what it was.

I actually figured out what it was, from a post regarding the cabin filter. I haven't reinstalled it yet...
Post# 17 by bassep: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7198754-Mk7-Golf-Cabin-Pollen-Filter-Replacement-Diagram

There's suppose to be rubber grommets/o-rings on it? I didn't find that on the floor.. :confused:

Last edited:

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
The two rubber bump stop thingys are placed on the two tabs that hold the glovebox in place every time you open the glovebox, when you pull down to access the space where the filter is the the runner nipples will fly out and you will not notice them until maybe by chance you see them on the floor and wonder what they are LOL [emoji4]

2.0Low

Passed Driver's Ed
The two rubber bump stop thingys are placed on the two tabs that hold the glovebox in place every time you open the glovebox, when you pull down to access the space where the filter is the the runner nipples will fly out and you will not notice them until maybe by chance you see them on the floor and wonder what they are LOL [emoji4]

Yeah, took a quick peek. They're gone lol.:mad:

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Yep those bitches will not stay put [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]