GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

? For St.Louis area Peeps

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
I have a buddy living in St. Louis considering new MK7 GTI purchase. How are all you catless cars getting around the emissions testing? O2 simulators or just putting stock cats back in?

Reflex2dr

Ready to race!
If you need emissions you're not going to pass without a cat unless you're going to pay someone to lie for you. Don't exactly know when these cars need emissions, being so new, but you'll just need to use a catted dp or swap it back out. Really no way around that.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
O2 simulators are only 100 bucks. They plug in scan that will show any soft codes. Yeah, I told him worst case throw the stock one back in worst case.

N10S

Ready to race!
Some of us that live in rural areas ( I am west of St. Louis in warren county) don't have to worry about passing emissions test as they simply don't test for that out here.

That said I always go with a quality catted dp regardless, that was especially the case with my subies where too much flow of a catless dp resulted in boost creep when the internal wastegate couldn't keep up with the improved flow. Not sure if that's an issue with the current Mk7 gti setup or not, so maybe this isn't even a factor.