GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Mods (interior & exterior modifications)

Old 10-17-2017, 12:26 PM   #2177
Vojr23

Drives: 17 Golf R, 14 GLI
Question for those that ordered from CARS245, how long did your lights sit at the USPS Jamaica NY distribution center prior to arriving at your doorstep?

Update: Lights showed up yesterday afternoon, just waiting on Jbale's harness.

Last edited by Vojr23; 10-18-2017 at 02:43 PM.
Vojr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 06:19 AM   #2178
CarniifeX

Drives: 2017 Mk7 GTI SE
MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

Received my USP kit today. At first glance, which was quick, I didnít see any coding instruction.

Iíll know for sure tomorrow but this would be the second time USP has dropped the ball with me in one week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CarniifeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 06:31 AM   #2179
NeedSleep

Drives: 2017 GTI Sport DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarniifeX View Post
Received my USP kit today. At first glance, which was quick, I didnít see any coding instruction.

Iíll know for sure tomorrow but this would be the second time USP has dropped the ball with me in one week.

See this post: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?p=520231

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
NeedSleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 03:41 PM   #2180
CarniifeX

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedSleep View Post
See this post: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?p=520231

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Thanks, sent him a PM. I am so done with USP.

Old 10-22-2017, 06:02 PM   #2181
JS82

Drives: 2016 GTI
Quote:

In case you cannot get any coding instructions, there is an OBD Eleven app for the USP tail lights + harness.
JS82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 07:48 AM   #2182
CarniifeX

Got my lights in and coded. All works well.

I am wondering though, is there a trigger wire needed in order to run rear fog lights? I know I had to install on in my Mk6.

Or is it a coding thing?

Please advise.

Old 10-23-2017, 02:02 PM   #2183
lijetta18t

Drives: 2015 Mk7 Golf S w/SR 5MT
Quote:
Got my lights in and coded. All works well.

I am wondering though, is there a trigger wire needed in order to run rear fog lights? I know I had to install on in my Mk6.

Or is it a coding thing?

Please advise.

If you have front fog lights, all you need is coding the front headlight switch to know the rear fog option is there. Pre-late 2017 models, this was handled by the long coding in the BCM. For post-late 2017 models with the new BCM, there is an adaption channel you need to adjust for this (I do not know off hand but I believe the channel starts with LDS_ and finishes with the german word for rear fog light).

If you do not have front fog lights, then you do need to run a wire from the headlight switch to the BCM. Ill have to look in my notes to figure that exact pinout.
lijetta18t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:04 PM   #2184
USPMotorsports

Drives: MK7
Quote:
Thanks, sent him a PM. I am so done with USP
Sorry you are done with us.

There is a PDF you are going to be emailed with a password.

You can send me your order number and I can get this right to you.

I am normally on Live Chat on the USP website from 9AM - 6PM M-F for any questions!
USPMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 04:03 PM   #2185
CarniifeX

Quote:
Originally Posted by lijetta18t View Post
If you have front fog lights, all you need is coding the front headlight switch to know the rear fog option is there. Pre-late 2017 models, this was handled by the long coding in the BCM. For post-late 2017 models with the new BCM, there is an adaption channel you need to adjust for this (I do not know off hand but I believe the channel starts with LDS_ and finishes with the german word for rear fog light).

If you do not have front fog lights, then you do need to run a wire from the headlight switch to the BCM. Ill have to look in my notes to figure that exact pinout.

I do have front fogs, and itís a 2017. I will definitely check this out. Looking at the housing, there does appear to be a red led chip in there so it looks like the lights physically offer the rear fog.

Old 10-23-2017, 06:26 PM   #2186
ecsta

Drives: 2017 R
Quote:
I do have front fogs, and it’s a 2017. I will definitely check this out. Looking at the housing, there does appear to be a red led chip in there so it looks like the lights physically offer the rear fog.

Just check the part # and you'll know for sure. Both fog and non-fog versions look the same.

Left inner - 5G0945307P w/rear fog (5G0945307Q w/o rear fog)
Right inner - 5G0945308Q w/rear fog (5G0945308P w/o rear fog)

edit:

Also does anyone know the circumstances under which the lighting coding would be undone? Ie will changing a battery remove it or leaving battery unplugged?

Last edited by ecsta; 10-23-2017 at 09:09 PM.
ecsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 03:09 PM   #2187
comingabriel

Drives: MK7 R
Wait, are you saying a line has to be run from the BCM to harness in order to get the rear fogs to work on jbales harness? This is not the case with the mk7 golf R ecode tails, why would it be with these lights? I know there is a settng using vagcom to activate rear fogs, but the coding should all you need, with jbales harness with dual fog light wires, unless I am wrong. I have not seen the instructions yet, ordered the harness though and they are enroute. Eitherway, I am going to have dual fogs, I did the row install last time, I can run one wire if need be this time from the bcm.
comingabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 03:44 PM   #2188
JBale

Drives: 2015 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by comingabriel View Post
Wait, are you saying a line has to be run from the BCM to harness in order to get the rear fogs to work on jbales harness? This is not the case with the mk7 golf R ecode tails, why would it be with these lights? I know there is a settng using vagcom to activate rear fogs, but the coding should all you need, with jbales harness with dual fog light wires, unless I am wrong. I have not seen the instructions yet, ordered the harness though and they are enroute. Eitherway, I am going to have dual fogs, I did the row install last time, I can run one wire if need be this time from the bcm.
It is just an issue with 1.8 golfs that did not come with front fogs. They do not have the wiring in place between the switch and the BCM to accommodate the rear fog.
JBale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 05:16 PM   #2189
lijetta18t

Drives: 2015 Mk7 Golf S w/SR 5MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBale View Post
It is just an issue with 1.8 golfs that did not come with front fogs. They do not have the wiring in place between the switch and the BCM to accommodate the rear fog.
Correct! This also includes any NAR GTI without front fog lights (US 17' Sport and CA 3dr non autobahn trims)
lijetta18t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 04:02 AM   #2190
amarq17

Now that JBale isn't making any more harness units until after 1/1/18, what is my best option for a quality harness with coding instructions.

IF I bought a second hand JBale harness for dual fogs and I have only have driver side fog, will that cause any issues with coding?
amarq17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 04:05 AM   #2191
crild

Drives: MK7 R
Quote:
Originally Posted by amarq17 View Post
Now that JBale isn't making any more harness units until after 1/1/18, what is my best option for a quality harness with coding instructions.

IF I bought a second hand JBale harness for dual fogs and I have only have driver side fog, will that cause any issues with coding?
Dap/usp

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
crild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 04:43 PM   #2192
JBale

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarq17 View Post

There would be no issues running the dual rear fog harness if you only have the one rear fog lamp.
JBale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 04:51 PM   #2193
CarniifeX

Can anyone share the coding to enable dual rear fogs please! You can PM it to me so you donít have to share with everyone.