GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Staggered heights and ABS

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Can I run staggered height without triggering a fault with the abs sensor? There would be a .4” height difference

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
I don't know about the VW system but talking to the GM(where I work)'s calibrator they said 6% difference in rolling diameter is about the most they can tolerate.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
If your GSW is awd I wouldn't.

Can't speak from experience on the abs sensors other than from what I've noted at the drag strip they compare left to right, but not front to back for TPMS

TheJokker

Go Kart Newbie
I'm not sure if it is relevant but this month's Road and Track has an article on the Audi RS3, which I believe has the same 4 wheel drive as an R. It comes oem with a reverse stagger 255/30/14 fronts at 25.1 overall diameter and 235/35/19 rears at 25.5 over-all diameter.

I only guessing but I believe if you can do a reverse stagger on an Audi you can probably do it on an R. If you can do it on an R you can probably do it on a GTI. I'm not sure if it is significant that the smaller diameter tire is on the front but I think it would be mandatory for the wider tires to be in the front. Staggered would be a bad idea if you were going for looks but for a performance build it probably would work great if you stuck to the Audi's sizes and eliminate any tire rubbing.

The drivers for Road and Track did not like the DSG in manual mode. The call the DSG the car's "biggest hiccup". (ha! manuals rule)

Hotwire1

Passed Driver's Ed
This is my situation :

- Alzor 881
- 18x8.5 front
- 18x9.5 rear

Im looking for a tire combo that will fill these nicely, and maintain the rolling circumference.

Anyone run this combo?