GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 GTI vs Evo X

flymkvi

Ready to race!
GTI: APR stage 1 High Torque + stock intake mods

EVO: Unknown tune, white with tints, lowered with wheels, intake, looked like an aftermarket intercooler.

Before the pull actually happened I was casually driving in traffic on a three lane road, I was on the far right and he was on the left. He kept on flooring it just enough to be in line with me and then would let off. Had his girl in the car too probably showing off. So, fast forwarding a bit, we are lined up at the next light and I could tell he wanted to do something. I didn't think I had chance (thinking he was tuned) but I was going to go for it anyways. The light turns green, I shift into second early (2500rpm in second now) and then I hear his intake going nuts, so then I floor it as well (the nose of his car was probably at my back wheel). When I floored it my tires started screaming (he still wasn't pulling on me) and finally when I got traction I put about a car and a half on this guy, the pull ending in the middle of third gear. Pulled up next to me, gave him thumbs up, thumbs up back, and just laughed my ass off for the next couple of minutes. Guy then kept speed limit behind me until he turned off at the next light.

I can just imagine him thinking how the hell did this stock looking ass GTI just beat me.... and his girl was probably thinking the same thing...nonetheless he seemed salty about it. I was shocked at the outcome as well. I thought he would take me when I had wheel spin in second but that was not the case. He was probably stock tune and that's about 291hp. Not enough for this 4-door sleeper.

I seem to always pull on ppl when I DONT have my gopro with me lol.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Same here with about an 06 evo this car was stupid loud and I had my wife and he had his girl but he wouldn't even look at me after.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
On the other hand I filled up a pump over from a nasty sounding, clean Evo 9 that clearly had cams so I talked to the owner. Had a FP Green turbo (similar to a is38 hybrid in our world) with a built motor. He claimed 500whp so I asked if he'd do a pull just for fun. Idk if he left hard (we went from 20 roll) but after about 80 mph he came around me like I was on the brakes lol. For an awd car it pulled HARD and wouldn't doubt its every bit of 450+

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
It’s that much more fun when they’re salty about it. Watch out though the EVO’s and Supras can be insanely fast in a straight line with enough money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flymkvi

Ready to race!
It’s that much more fun when they’re salty about it. Watch out though the EVO’s and Supras can be insanely fast in a straight line with enough money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. Most evos i have seen around chicago area are heavy modded 500+ and thats why the outcome really surprised me. Not often do u see a stock tune evo.