GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
i'm getting a substantial offer off MSRP on a '17...

what are the chances these steep discounts carry over to the new (2018) model? i'm thinking slim to none?

I would expect some discounts on the 2018s by next summer but no where close to what you see on 2017s now. VW dealers will use the new warranty as trump card justifying their higher prices.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
But, what about 2017 models? Should we expect an additional discount when the 2018 models arrive?

You might get more discounts for 2017s towards the year end. But you will not have much left in the dealer inventory. If you are not specific about the options you want, you can wait for more discounts.

Renck

Ready to race!
You might get more discounts for 2017s towards the year end. But you will not have much left in the dealer inventory. If you are not specific about the options you want, you can wait for more discounts.

That is very true. I'm checking my local VW dealerships and they have plenty of options as of this moment.

In other news, I looked at VW of Union - NJ (as recommended by a forum fella at VW Vortex):

http://www.volkswagenofunion.com/new-volkswagen-golf-gti-union-nj

No GTI Sport there, but I found this:

0 Interest + 1K.JPG

So, according to this, VW is now offering both promotions. I read at other threads that you can only have one. Not sure they will let you also take the other rebates (loyalty bonus + partner program). I bet the answer is now, but nothing wrong on giving it a try. ;)

Decisions, decisions.

Renck

Ready to race!
That was in regards to getting like $5k off though, OR taking the low APR

So, $1k off & 0% is still worse than getting $5-6k off and then refinancing (if needed) at a lower rate

$5k off!?!?!

How? Please share details....thanks in advance.

darkmag1k

That is very true. I'm checking my local VW dealerships and they have plenty of options as of this moment.

In other news, I looked at VW of Union - NJ (as recommended by a forum fella at VW Vortex):

http://www.volkswagenofunion.com/new-volkswagen-golf-gti-union-nj

No GTI Sport there, but I found this:

View attachment 18424

So, according to this, VW is now offering both promotions. I read at other threads that you can only have one. Not sure they will let you also take the other rebates (loyalty bonus + partner program). I bet the answer is now, but nothing wrong on giving it a try. ;)

Decisions, decisions.

watch out. price they list on their website doesn't qualify for VW financing (see small print). was told by salesguy "if you want VW financing, that's $2.5k extra on top of the website price". also their website prices have 2 discounts "factored in": loyalty - $1k & college graduate $.5k. so basically add $1.5k if you don't qualify for those. but ... you can negotiate with them (e.g. i've still gotten $1k VW factory rebate off, but had to pay $499 doc fee)

darkmag1k

You got $6k off MSRP because you got a shitty APR. That's how they make some of that money via kickback from the lender. Refi to your own bank at 2.X% ASAP. Every payment you make on that 3.99% is money wasted in interest. Nothing shady here. Very normal practice. You will never get 6gs off and 0%.

thx for the tip. i will refinance! (why haven't i thought of this ...)

ps: just realized they gave me trunk liner+blocks / rubber matts for free. so $250 back to me. i know ... petty, but ... i have not seen a better deal for '17 GTI S on here. $20300 ... just sayin'

erniecsays

i picked up a 2017 Sport for 25100 before tax and license in So Cal, 2.5% interest.

warranty didn't phase me much in comparison to the 2018, the front end refresh and new cockpit controls also didn't compel me to wait either.

picking this up to modify so i figure i did OK with the pricing.