GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

purchased a 15 r with tune?

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
The dealer can tell when it was tuned through ODIS. They should honor that power train warranty since that's how you bought it. But yes, read the fine print, abide by the rules, and enjoy the unicorn that is a warrantied tuned R.

I agree with you, but and it’s a rather large but, but ya better hope if it ever breaks it’s not while you’re on a road trip. Because it’s only that dealer that is on the hook if they’re a stand up dealership and let’s be honest very few are. I’d be worried as soon as management turnover happens with them honoring anything and not pointing to the fine print.

Now that being said, I wouldn’t worry personally anyway chances are you’ll be fine imo. But if it was a major buying point for you, their lifetime dealership warranty, I’d already be suspicious of any major future drivetrain related warranty concerns, especially in the future when employees change.

madmanmatt

I agree with you, but and it’s a rather large but, but ya better hope if it ever breaks it’s not while you’re on a road trip. Because it’s only that dealer that is on the hook if they’re a stand up dealership and let’s be honest very few are. I’d be worried as soon as management turnover happens with them honoring anything and not pointing to the fine print.

Now that being said, I wouldn’t worry personally anyway chances are you’ll be fine imo. But if it was a major buying point for you, their lifetime dealership warranty, I’d already be suspicious of any major future drivetrain related warranty concerns, especially in the future when employees change.

thanks for your thoughts on that. my father has bought a few cars from them and has worked with them through the years, he would not have pointed me in there direction if there was to be any concern. there a pretty big dealership here. i will ask next time i go in on what to do if i have issues on a trip. that would be a good thing to know