GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Toronto

Ferrari

Ready to race!
B-town checking in here, as well - commutes daily across the GTA on the 407 and 401 - white 2017 GTi PP 6-speed

Yesterday we traded in our 2010 GTi for this 2017 model from Georgetown VW, and I logged into golfmk6.com for the last time LOL

This is my first new car in 17 years, and my wife's first new car ever :cool:

Were you using the same username on TPC about 15 years ago?

AdamGTI2

Ready to race!
Do you guys think VWR Drop is too low for Toronto roads?

I work in West Toronto and roads can be pretty crappy here. Eglinton / Allen rd area holy fk RIP.

I work near Liberty Village so I can avoid that area but still. How do you guys feel about VWRs in toronto? Esp during winter

TorontoDUBBER

Ready to race!
Do you guys think VWR Drop is too low for Toronto roads?

I work in West Toronto and roads can be pretty crappy here. Eglinton / Allen rd area holy fk RIP.

I work near Liberty Village so I can avoid that area but still. How do you guys feel about VWRs in toronto? Esp during winter
Get proper shocks and plan for ball joints sooner then normal and the car will be okay. I had DG/Koni yellows on my MK6 TDI/DSG and it held up pretty good that way for 80k kms plus the 70k with factory shocks. I started hearing a clunk near the end of my time with it but it wasn't suspension related.

myles1

Ready to race!
From the Caledon/Orangeville area! Couldn't afford a GTI so I opted for a 5spd TSI, happy to help with anything I can!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kri$han1

Passed Driver's Ed
Were you using the same username on TPC about 15 years ago?

Hey heeeeeeeyyyyy is that you, Alex? Yeah man, same guy - Prelude is loooong gone to a young guy that is currently modding it nicely :cool:

MAN if there's a meet I'd come just to shake your hand again, brother!

Ferrari

Ready to race!
Hey heeeeeeeyyyyy is that you, Alex? Yeah man, same guy - Prelude is loooong gone to a young guy that is currently modding it nicely :cool:

MAN if there's a meet I'd come just to shake your hand again, brother!

Hey Krishan, yes, it's me. It's been a while! Congrats on your GTI PP, I had one and it was amazing. The VAQ front diff makes all the difference.

My Prelude is long gone, I had a MK4 TDI for 10 years, and then a 2015 GTI PP, and now a 2016 R. VW makes great cars!

I don't go to meets that often, but we'll bump into each other one of these days. Join Club Wolfsburg on Facebook, it's a great club and they organize regular meets, cruises, track days etc.

kingkhan

Ready to race!
Cambridge, ON checking in. I got my '17 NBM GTI in June and commute from Cambridge to Brampton everyday.

in the 4.5 months I've had the car, I already have 20K km on it.

TorontoDUBBER

Ready to race!
Cambridge, ON checking in. I got my '17 NBM GTI in June and commute from Cambridge to Brampton everyday.

in the 4.5 months I've had the car, I already have 20K km on it.
That's a boat load! I actually do the Mississauga to Cambridge often, but probably only 2x per week and against traffic so I'm nowhere near your kms/mth or time on the 401 per trip. I don't envy your drive dude.

kevinhledgister

Hey. Markham here.

Just got my 18 Golf R. Love it.

Anyone can help me...i want to get a set of those dynamic led tailights. Where should I go to get them and have installed?

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

TheGreyGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Mississauga here! I made a bunch of friends back when I owned a Mercedes amd hope the same will happen with the GTI. If any of you are ever interested in meeting up let me know!

myles1

Ready to race!
Hey. Markham here.

Just got my 18 Golf R. Love it.

Anyone can help me...i want to get a set of those dynamic led tailights. Where should I go to get them and have installed?

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

Congrats on the R. There’s a massive thread under cosmetic mods on these forums. Will tell you everything you need to know. Chances are you’ll have to install them yourself, or find a willing forum member to help you out. Couple of tutorials on YouTube. Best of luck!

myles1

Ready to race!
Mississauga here! I made a bunch of friends back when I owned a Mercedes amd hope the same will happen with the GTI. If any of you are ever interested in meeting up let me know!

Congrats on the car! I go to school and work in Mississauga so I’m there almost every day. Someday we should meet up! Be great to find some other Golf drivers, majority of the forum seems US based.