GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking for Golf R members with TTE470 turbos

2014GTI

Ready to race!
Looking for feedback on your TTE470 Turbos as I like the Idea and want to see more from users of this bolt-on upgrade.

My goal is to do the following mods

S3 Resonator delete (done)
Intake upgrade
Inter cooler upgrade (if needed)
Turbo upgrade TTE470 currently w/Turbo blanket,heat wrap stock downpipe

looking for just over 400HP and around there ft-lb's

I need to keep my stock downpipe for state inspection. And I don't want to swap it each year (visual inspection).

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I haven't seen much on those since they're overpriced for what they are. The stock DP would be a massive restriction with that kinda power goal. Maybe if you cut it open and gut it, but that doesn't make sense with your inspection issue...which also doesn't make sense since most places (all that I've heard of) with inspection new cars are exempt the first several years...

You'll definitely want an Intercooler upgrade and DSG tune.

If you're still stock you might wanna do the above and stage 2 first to see how you like it. 380whp isn't far off your goal and 4k cheaper

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
If you can’t be bothered to do 1 hour labor once every two years I don’t think it’ll be a good plan for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014GTI

Ready to race!
I haven't seen much on those since they're overpriced for what they are. The stock DP would be a massive restriction with that kinda power goal. Maybe if you cut it open and gut it, but that doesn't make sense with your inspection issue...which also doesn't make sense since most places (all that I've heard of) with inspection new cars are exempt the first several years...

You'll definitely want an Intercooler upgrade and DSG tune.

If you're still stock you might wanna do the above and stage 2 first to see how you like it. 380whp isn't far off your goal and 4k cheaper

Thanks for the feedback. To be more specific I'm looking at factory numbers example if I go to my local Dyno and see 292whp that's a big if the goal would be to add 108 more whp. I could also go the Revo is38etr path. And if needed I will upgrade all the cold air piping to create better flow.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I would say not possible with the stock DP since it's the #1 restriction. Doesn't matter what you do on the intake side.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the feedback. To be more specific I'm looking at factory numbers example if I go to my local Dyno and see 292whp that's a big if the goal would be to add 108 more whp. I could also go the Revo is38etr path. And if needed I will upgrade all the cold air piping to create better flow.

Well if you’re stock and go to a dyno and see 292whp, go to another dyno cause they’re lying to you. Stock these are a claimed 292 crank hp, you should see 250-260whp and around 260-270wtq, on a dynojet dyno. Tuned you should see anywhere from 340-370whp depending on mods, dp, intercooler, quality of fuel or if you’re mixing corn. You don’t need a bigger turbo to gain 100 whp. If you want to see well over 400whp then you’ll need a bigger turbo and fueling, assuming you’re US spec.