GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looks like VW brand & reputation may suffer some more.

tknj99

Ready to race!
Big business will do whatever it can to increase bottom line at all costs.. and when they get busted, its usually because they didn't lobby enough or grease enough palms

CiviclyConverting

We're all fans of VW and wish the company and all who work for them well. As a buyer these sort of headlines, independently of the company's size, do make me pause, however. VW doesn't need this to grow or be profitable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
All businesses operate in a grey area. The only ones we know about are those that get caught. And by caught I mean those that the are exposed for the benefit of the ones that lobbied more. Like the whole diesel thing.

CiviclyConverting

All businesses operate in a grey area. The only ones we know about are those that get caught. And by caught I mean those that the are exposed for the benefit of the ones that lobbied more. Like the whole diesel thing.

Discussions here about dieselgate and now this latest collusion allegation have been surprisingly absent. I don't believe we should resign ourselves and simply expect a low standard for corporate behavior. We owners and prospective buyers have a say when firms behave unethically. The car market offers choices. Indeed, few consumer purchases are as sizable as buying a car.

Personally, the dieselgate revelation made me reluctant to buy VW out of concern that buying VW during that pre-admission period would send a rather dismissive signal.