GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Time to change.

Donscarlet

Time to change my MK 7 2.0 TDI DSG,ordering GTD DSG as there is a big discount at the moment £3000, my only apprehension is that the new face-lift Golf is due for order end of March,should I wait or go with the discount?

Dave10781

Go Kart Champion
There are a lot of changes with that revision. Digital instruments and infotainment upgrade. Not sure about the GTD drive train, but the GTI is supposed to get a big bump in power.

Revised GTD is already available in Austria and Germany with a new 7-speed DSG
(DQ381, same as on Seat Ateca and revised S3 and R). Despite DSG the changes
are the same as on any facelift Golf (MIB III infotainment, exterior, LED headlights).
I'd bet the exact same will apply to the UK spec GTD.

Donscarlet

I have pondered about this for a few days now,I am thinking go for the discount as 2018/2019 will be the mk8 golf release.these face-lifts are all to promote sales.

Last edited:

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
My GTD is coming up 3 yrs old and im in a similar quandary. I have the added complication that im convinced I dont need a car so big these days, problem is the Golf is a GREAT car and I am worried nothing will quite come close. Bought my first Golf MK5 in 2008 and had MK6 and MK7 since.

The resale values for GTD are already low and I think MK7 resale values will take a further hit when the facelift starts to appear.

SilverGrey

Passed Driver's Ed
Check out the price on Drive The Deal. For the GTI you can get £6,500 off. I'm test driving one tomorrow. When I mentioned this to my dealer he said he would need authorisation to go ahead with a sale based on those figures but said he could match it.

Last edited:

GTD184

Ready to race!
Just ordered one of the last GTi PP's, built 10/01 with Tornado Red paint, Santiagos, DSG and 90% Tints. Its sitting at Emden at the moment so delivery for 1st March is on.

It isnt the best spec by no means as it is going to be a second car runaround...........but £7K discount is not to be sniffed at!:D

GTD184

Ready to race!
My GTD is coming up 3 yrs old and im in a similar quandary.

My wifes GTD has been nothing but trouble! Replacement DSG, 3 sets of rear shocks, window regulators, seat trim, hatchback trim, media unit replacement........the list goes on and on and on! there has not been one month of ownership where there has been nothing wrong with it!:mad:

The resale values for GTD are already low and I think MK7 resale values will take a further hit when the facelift starts to appear.

GTD values have dropped like a stone since they were introduced on the Mobility Scheme:rolleyes:.......the wifes has a good spec and has been valued at £15500 with 20K on the clock!

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
My wifes GTD has been nothing but trouble! Replacement DSG, 3 sets of rear shocks, window regulators, seat trim, hatchback trim, media unit replacement........the list goes on and on and on! there has not been one month of ownership where there has been nothing wrong with it!:mad:

GTD values have dropped like a stone since they were introduced on the Mobility Scheme:rolleyes:.......the wifes has a good spec and has been valued at £15500 with 20K on the clock!

Your Mrs's GTD must have been built on a Monday morning after a heavy weekend as mine has been absolutely faultless. Its been to the dealers twice only, both times for routine service. Mine's just turned 19k. I'm resolved to the fact unless a miracle happens I wont get any residual value when I trade it. I'm actually planning to just give it back and let VWFS swallow the negative equity. I'm past half way on my finance so I am legally allowed to do it and there isn't a damn thing VWFS can do about it.

As a matter of interest who valued your good lady's at £15.5k?

GTD184

Ready to race!
As a matter of interest who valued your good lady's at £15.5k?

Dealer and online quotes! Trade value is £15500, retail £18500!.......nothing for the 4th year factory warranty or factory options!:mad:

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Isn't VW going to buy back diesels in Europe now?

They never were.

EU emmisions and all sales literature is measured and quoted in terms of CO2 not NOx.
As far as im aware all cars still pass on CO2 but VW are planning to recall MK6 age cars to remove the lines of software.

There's a few have a go heros attempting to sue VW but I very much doubt they will get very far.

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Dealer and online quotes! Trade value is £15500, retail £18500!.......nothing for the 4th year factory warranty or factory options!:mad:

£15 - £16k is about what I expected for trade.

I see your point BUT low trade values in general is a consequence of you being able to bag a £7k discount on a new GTi. You can't have cheap cars and high trade in values.

Last edited:

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Time to change my MK 7 2.0 TDI DSG,ordering GTD DSG as there is a big discount at the moment £3000, my only apprehension is that the new face-lift Golf is due for order end of March,should I wait or go with the discount?

Only you can decide, personally I would go for the facelift version, ordering can be commenced from mid Feb with a 16-20 wk delivery and you'll probably be the 1st on the forum with one. :cool: