GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New rims..VMR v804's on my MK7

sirspiffycliff

Ready to race!
No problem! We encourage this sort of discussion, it's definitely fun to take part in. Comparing and contrasting products in any market is a plus for consumers - this is what helps drive product evolution.

img]https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder493/54975493.jpg[/img]

You're the real MVP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
give this guy his wheels. damn :eek:

:eek:

Impressive stuff! However, at least one thing was missed :D

16. The spokes have physically different depths/thickness front to back, not just side to side as I indicated previously.
17. The area/design where the spoke actually meets the barrel varies quite a lot on between them. The VMR's lead meet the leading outer edge of the barrel whereas the Neuspeeds meet there and go all the way across at the inner lip area.
18. It appears that the area where the spokes meet the hub mounting hole has a much more gentle slope on the VMR vs the Neuspeed's pretty deep/severe angle.
19. There is a slight chamfered edge to the pronounced inner barrel lip on the VMRs (the part just behind the spokes), not so with the Neuspeed.
20. Slight concave to the spokes themselves on the VMR. I only referenced the barrel before, the neuspeeds are almost completely flat/perpendicular with the road and on their face do that deep dive inwards at the center that I mentioned in 17.
21. My last set of wheels, which were also VMR, didn't fit the little black VW lug caps, the Neuspeeds do. Not sure if this holds true on the 804s, but hey, I'm trying here :)

If I haven't gotten it all now, well, I really have no idea what I could be missing! They're both pretty great wheels, with obvious design differences, and I was happy with both of the sets of VMR wheels I had on cars in the last few years.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Wheel debate is fun :)

I won't go into details on the differences, but it's undeniable these are comparable styles - they are both 5 V-Spoke designs with concave breaks mid-spoke.

However, for those who like to speculate - Our V804 was actually released mid-2015 as a 19" only model, initially intended for Audi and BMW applications. We only recently released an 18" sizing that is also suitable for most VW's (such as MK7), which would explain why photos are just now appearing on the boards. The V804 was seen as a follow-up & cousin to our 2014 released 5 V-Spoke V803 wheel. Wheel design, development, and manufacturing takes many, many, many months so considering this fact with those dates above, I think this theory can be put to rest :cool:

I'll leave a product shot of the V804 to help illustrate some details, anyone think they can spot all the differences? Maybe we should hold a contest, winner getting a set of 18" V804's :p

I really don't care who came up with what but I want these, could you give me some info on these, like which size( offset actually) should I get to get a flush look with no rubbing

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I really don't care who came up with what but I want these, could you give me some info on these, like which size( offset actually) should I get to get a flush look with no rubbing

Contact VMR, they are a helpful group.
Can make sure what you get works.
They have some good sales people.
They had a forum rep for a while.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Contact VMR, they are a helpful group.

Can make sure what you get works.

They have some good sales people.

They had a forum rep for a while.

Thanks, I'll do that, that GTI looks perfect with those wheels

2017whitegolfr

I originally wanted the VMR v710's in matte black. I was emailing with vmr about the rims when they showed me the VMR v804's. These rims are much better looking in my opinion. I really wanted a matte black wheel but I instantly fell in love with the hyper silver. Hyper silver in my opinion looks like a matte silver, a very different cool looking color. I got the 18x8 et42, I'm on lowering springs so I wanted an 18" wheel. These wheels are flow formed and are very solid. I already hit my first pothole and my rim is still perfect. Going 80mph on freeway after it rained and hit with full force. Absolutely nothing happened to the rim. They are super solid. Love the rims totally changes the look of my car.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Looks good