GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DSG tune

deanmarr

Ready to race!
I just had an APR stage 1 done on my 2017 GTI S. The tune is great however the DSG is not good in D mode. 4th and 5th gear are not even used. The car is in a rush to get to 6th gear, usually by 45 MPH. Will a DSG tune rectify this problem?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I've done little research on the subject. But seemingly more than you have.

Short answer: yes

Long answer: yes

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Everyone who has a dsg that gets a tune usually gets the dsg tune also. It's night and day better.

RedShft

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm curious about the DSG tune as well. D and S mode both have their annoyances with me, which is why I usually shift manually. I understand the kickdown switch and auto-upshift is removed too, making it true manual. Can anyone confirm if the shifts in manual are quicker?

A bit off-topic, but I wish the gear selector had opposite shift directions when in M mode. Meaning pull back for upshifts and push forward for downshifts, like a sequential transmission. BMW does this and it's icing on the cake for me. I wonder if there is anyway for this to be possible..

gti330ex

Go Kart Newbie
I've seen this thread before, and don't see the day/night hype. If i did, i would have added the tcu tune. D for me is fine in traffic, plenty of torque from a tuned car to swiftly accelerate from about 1400 to 2k under light throttle. S mode allows you to climb to 3k under normal acceleration. If you want something in between you have manual.

The only thing that doesn't work now since I'm tuned, and something the tcu tune would address according to the link, is having the ability to use throttle modulation again in S to alter shift points - how the car behaves out of the factory. But even this is kind of annoying & pointless as you have to ease of the accelerator so it shifts ~500 rpms sooner.

Im sure 1/4 results would change my mind.

MT for the win. DSG will always be DSG.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
A bit off-topic, but I wish the gear selector had opposite shift directions when in M mode. Meaning pull back for upshifts and push forward for downshifts, like a sequential transmission. BMW does this and it's icing on the cake for me. I wonder if there is anyway for this to be possible..

I'm used to it now. But I hear you. Makes me think twice whenever I switch our BMW to manual mode.

ACE2

Ready to race!
I'm stage 2 with tcu tune APR on my mk7 and trust me it's a big difference in shifts. The tcu tune will help your tranny keep up with the new power also the longevity of it essentially as well. The gear shifts are way more smooth and crisp. There's also no more of that weird lag/or hesitated shifts(I don't know how else to explain it, but I freaking hated the stock doing this) when your slowing down or taking off. Try to find a member near you that has it done to see the difference in it. You'll want it after driving with it on especially tuned. Also I thought APR had a refund period of some sort so you can try it and see if you like it or not (don't quote me on this as I tuned mined and never looked back loving all the tunes)

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Posts number 1 and 2 for this fellow.

Feels good to actually help someone out. Don't it boys?