GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

romeonyc77

Passed Driver's Ed
I finally resolved my EPC/Check engine "limp mode" issue...Turned out to be a bad DSG tune. Issue resolved 100% going with another tuners dsg tune... DSG is much smoother between gears, faster shift and less burp.

I did not realize how many error codes the DSG was throwing until we had it plugged into a live data logger.

The weird part was why OBD Eleven was showing misfire error codes when I looked at the error codes...

Last edited:

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
That is weird. VCDS ftw! Lol. Nah I'm glad it's resolved. I was talking to another user who had issues with his 2017 R on the Uni tune and Uni said the timing tables have been changed, so I think we'll be seeing some revised 2017 maps possibly

Mr.boles

Ready to race!
I finally resolved my EPC/Check engine "limp mode" issue...Turned out to be a bad DSG tune. Issue resolved 100% and the DSG is much smoother between gears, faster shift and less burp.

I did not realize how many error codes the DSG was throwing until we had it plugged into a live data logger.

The weird part was why OBD Eleven was showing misfire error codes when I looked at the error codes...

What EPC light were you getting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

romeonyc77

Passed Driver's Ed
When you read it with vag-com what did it come up as

Originally it was misfire cylinder 1,2,3,4

When i got to the new tuners shop he plugged in his data logger and we went out for a ride. With my luck the issue was non existent. I mean i tried to replicate the issue in every gear...and it was not going into limp mode.

So then i was like f-this let me try to launch it...i launched it and the dash displayed dsg over heat messages just crazy messages flashing...i get of the gas they all go away.

I got fed up and told the tuner just flash this crap with your tune. We got back to the shop and he was only able to flash his DSG tune he couldn't do the ECU tune because it was locked. We didn't have a eurodyne cable to flash it back to stock. This week i have to go back and flash the ecu. He felt the car was a bit down on power with the current ecu tune.

I'll keep you guys posted once the new ecu software is on this week.

rejectri

Ready to race!
well good news, the OEM flash works, took her to a dealer and they will fix my CEL. Some dealerships are just assholes I guess and claim you are "tuned"

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
For anyone running the Stage 2 HT map, what are your boost numbers? Peak 27 hold 22? Car's diverter valve is acting funny.

What file you running? And how hot is it/what are your IATs? In warmer weather it will boost more

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Ya that's pretty high. v1.2 file, right? Not the v8.2 I"m guessing...

CTaiani

Ready to race!
Ya that's pretty high. v1.2 file, right? Not the v8.2 I"m guessing...

If you're talking to me yeah it was the v1.2.. Idk how accurate my p3 boost gauge is though... I got the one with the boost tap, not obd2 plug and play... but even rn I flashed to just regular stage 2 and I'm pretty sure I've peaked >28 psi