GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Spark plug gurus, your assistance is needed!

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
Hey guys, so I replaced the densos w/the RS7 plugs today and decided to snap a couple pics of the densos..

Anything I should be concerned about? Normal?

SRoads

Ready to race!
Search the internet for "Spark Plug Diagnosis"; there is a chart with pictures that tell you everything you would want to know about spark plug health.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion

njkymk7GTI

Ready to race!
I just ordered the RS7 spark plugs today! What is your first impression of them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
I just ordered the RS7 spark plugs today! What is your first impression of them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

I have not driven the car since installing them, I will report back though :)

Thanks for the responses guys, I did a google search for "spark plugs mk7 gti" and came upon this thread:

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12956

Gn4r posted in the thread and he/she? mentioned that his/her plugs looked a lil lean when they were pulled.

I also came across a reddit post where people are upgrading to R8 coils... is that a thing here? I was under the impression that our coil packs are more stout this gen no?

Last edited:

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Ya we don't seem to be having coil pack issues like previous gens. Not saying they're perfect, as some have had issues, but the OEM ones seem to be good :)

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
I drove the car w/the newly installed spark plugs and the car definitely runs a lot better, just real smooth. I know I need to get more miles on the plugs but first impressions are very positive!

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
Ya we don't seem to be having coil pack issues like previous gens. Not saying they're perfect, as some have had issues, but the OEM ones seem to be good :)

Yea maybe in the future when the stock coils go bad I'll replace w/the R8 coils then

How many miles on the Denso plugs?
Stage 1 or 2? or, other?

I ran the plugs the majority on stage 1.5 ED, a week stock and a week or so on stage 2... I don't know miles unfortunately :( I should start to keep track on that like my oil changes..