GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RS7 Spark Plug Revisions

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
I drove the car w/the newly installed spark plugs and the car definitely runs a lot better, just real smooth. I know I need to get more miles on the plugs but first impressions are very positive!

njkymk7GTI

Ready to race!
Commented on this a few days ago. Mine came in today, the bundle from usp motorsports, and they're the "M"! Will install tomorrow and update with how car is running. I know this may be a stupid question, but the washers that came on each plug stay on there, correct? There are two of them on each plug. Also, you didn't gap them, right? You just threw them right in?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

phobos512

Ready to race!
Commented on this a few days ago. Mine came in today, the bundle from usp motorsports, and they're the "M"! Will install tomorrow and update with how car is running. I know this may be a stupid question, but the washers that came on each plug stay on there, correct? There are two of them on each plug. Also, you didn't gap them, right? You just threw them right in?

Did not do anything but remove the cardboard and thread them in by hand, then bottomed them with my ratchet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Yep, no gaping a side firing plug :)

njkymk7GTI

Ready to race!
Wow! I just installed the "M" revisions 10 minutes ago and I can immediately notice a difference. Put everything back together, closed to hood, started her up, and it ran smoother than the first day I got it! Very very well worth the $55!

njkymk7GTI

Ready to race!
I may pick these up for my 15K tune up. Thanks for the info!!
No problem! I'm just why of 30k so it was a good time to get them.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Would I be correct in saying that in any stock application these are likely a waste of money, or, have guys with stock cars run these with a noticeable improvement? Just curious. Thanks.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
They might be too cold so they might foul sooner and get worse mpg

oorrllyy

Ready to race!
Are these plugs recommended for JB4 users? I'm logging peak boost at just under 25psi (24.7psi to be exact) and have additive as much 8psi over stock at the top end with relatively clean logs. Would I benefit from these plugs at all?

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Yep I'd get them. The rule of thumb is 1 heat range colder for every 75-100 crank HP added

phobos512

Ready to race!
Are these plugs recommended for JB4 users? I'm logging peak boost at just under 25psi (24.7psi to be exact) and have additive as much 8psi over stock at the top end with relatively clean logs. Would I benefit from these plugs at all?

I'm running them with my JB4 (installed same time as JB4) on Map 2. Runs great.

oorrllyy

Ready to race!
Yep I'd get them. The rule of thumb is 1 heat range colder for every 75-100 crank HP added

I'm running them with my JB4 (installed same time as JB4) on Map 2. Runs great.

Thanks, good to know! Buying them straight from Audi of Honolulu so I assume it's pre-gapped and I just swap them out?