GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CLOUT's MK7 GTI Sport

RadioFlyer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GSX-Rs
nicholam77 + RadioFlyer, thanks guys! Will order the KMD parts today.

So I ended up with a cancelling my order and getting a refund from KMD this morning since they didn't ship out anything yet. They were very nice to deal with and issued the refund right away. I decided to just go with the ECS Ultimate Clutch Pedal Upgrade Kit for the MK7. Hopefully works just as good.

You're welcome!

Though the ECS kit gets you the billet bleeder block I didn't see anything in the instructions about removing / replacing the accumulator, which may or may not have any effect on clutch feel.
I hope it works out for you, regardless!

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
You're welcome!

Though the ECS kit gets you the billet bleeder block I didn't see anything in the instructions about removing / replacing the accumulator, which may or may not have any effect on clutch feel.
I hope it works out for you, regardless!

They do mention the accumulator (they call it a "delay valve") in there install doc:

ECS says to connect it to the accumulator if present. Obviously if the hose is long enough it's up to the end user whether they want to delete it or not. I would be interested to know if it makes or difference, but I guess we'd need someone to install it both ways and compare.

It's always hard for me to gauge with these things if VW put them in place for a good reason -- because the drive train needs it, or just because they want to protect against sloppy drivers and it's not a big deal to remove.

Anyways I'd bet the ECS hose is good quality. Please let us know how it goes!

CLOUT

Ready to race!
Update! Got these parts installed at Metric Autosport in Huntington Beach. Brian Lind is a great mechanic and an all around stand up guy.

APR Cast Downpipe w/ Cat

BMS JB4 with bluetooth connect/JB4 Mobile

Dieselgeek Sigma 6 Short Shifter & ECS Ultimate Clutch Pedal Upgrade Kit

Integrated Engineering Trufit Dogbone Mount and Turbo Muffler Delete

Biggest "felt" upgrade was definitely the JB4 with Downpipe. GTI pulls so nice and smooth now (currently map 2 with E30 blend, will try map 6 once I have some logs saved). The clutch feel was improved with the ECS kit (didn't ask if he left the accumulator in or not), doesn't seem like it lags anymore at all, pedal feel is better as well. The Dieselgeek Sigma 6 was a big surprise, totally different feel from stock shifter. No more slop, just a short snick, and you're in the next gear. Very similar to my s2000 stock shifter, a bit more notchy though. IE dogbone felt like it tightened up the car and shifts, feels more direct going through the gears. The TMD I have no clue if there was any change nor do I hear the turbo more LOL:p. Oh well! All in all, very happy with each product!

CLOUT

Ready to race!
Power levels are now above Clubsport! I'm looking to get a JB4 soon but the whole logging/mapping is still confusing to me...

May your clutch live for many miles!

JB4 was a great addition, still plan to go IS38 in the future.

I would read the first page of the JB4 info thread and the logging thread. Lots of good info. Im still on map 2, haven't tried doing my own map 6 yet but will after I get a intercooler and more logs in. Everyone is helping on the thread especially Oblivious and George. I would go JB4 just for the support you get.

Haha that's another thing, I have a feeling the need for a new clutch is inevitable.

CLOUT

Ready to race!
Clubsport S muffler, and Integrated Engineering FDS Intercooler.

About to hit 5k miles, will do my first oil change soon!

***IE Intercooler is installed now. BUT CSS muffler ordered cancelled from cars 245, terrible waiting game since the end of january.

Last edited:

CLOUT

Ready to race!
Damn you drive a lot lol! Pics of the car and clubsport stickers please!

Hahah yah it's my daily.

Clubsport decals aren't installed yet. Not going to install them till I get the front end conversion.

Here is a pic of the Clubsport S front arms and the Clubsport S decals, also a spare set of Clubsport S front arm rear bushes (just bought them for extra parts).

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Here I thought my 60 mile commute everyday (back and forth) is a lot.

Interested to see how lower control arms will change the feel. I'm undecided if I should go aftermarket or CSS... Clubsport/S clone seems to be where my build is taking me as well lol.

I do have a 25mm rear sway bar installed and that was a game changer!

CLOUT

Ready to race!
Time for an update

Integrated Engineering Intercooler and Brisk ER12S sparkplugs were installed late February. Oil was also changed, currently Motul 5W-40 8100 running through it's veins. Cars runs fine, still messing with my JB4 Map 6 settings as these new additions have changed my previous perfect Map 6 settings.

Clubsport S Muffler order from cars245 seems like a bust, big thread on HERE

Cancelled the muffler order today since it seems like they are now VIN locked. I have been waiting for that muffler since order was placed 1/31, was pretty disappointed this morning. Currently keeping my other parts on that same order, as cars245 offered a discounted rate (CSS rear sway bar and CSS Centercaps). Will take pics whenever those are received or if that order even goes through.

On a brighter note, I picked up some Ohlins R&T Coilovers :). Will be installing these with the Clubsport S Front Lower Control Arms/CSS Rear Bushes.

Last edited:

CLOUT

Ready to race!
Shame to hear the muffler situation was a bust. Neat to see you're doing the LCA and suspension swap.

Thanks man, yah it was a bust but the build must go on.

I decided to order 034 strut mounts for the Ohlins installation as Ive heard there might be some creaking noises from reusing the stock ones. Def wouldn't want that!

Last edited:

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Better hurry, they VIN locked the Clubsport S muffler, if you want OEM+ parts(like me) better hurry! I was part of the last batch sent out. Thankfully.

I like your idea. OEM+ is my favorite route to go with any car. Just feels, pure. Often too parts are cheaper and fitment is naturally better. Usually.

I think my next OEM+ part will be Clubsport S center caps. TTRS front control arms this summer.

CLOUT

Ready to race!
Better hurry, they VIN locked the Clubsport S muffler, if you want OEM+ parts(like me) better hurry! I was part of the last batch sent out. Thankfully.

I like your idea. OEM+ is my favorite route to go with any car. Just feels, pure. Often too parts are cheaper and fitment is naturally better. Usually.

I think my next OEM+ part will be Clubsport S center caps. TTRS front control arms this summer.

LOL we get it dude, you got one of the 5ish Clubsport S mufflers they sent out, congrats:rolleyes:. But "Better Hurry!" creating hype and panic to buy clubsport s parts cause they might get VIN locked is a bit ridiculous. There is no competition here, I'm not building the car up for you or props for the forum, it's all personal. Good day!