GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Catted downpipe sound

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Hi, there is tons of videos and sound clips of GTIs with downpipe installed. I was hoping that someone has a sound clip of a 1.8tsi with an aftermarket downpipe installed. I know our exhaust back is different, and I'm hoping that it's a little bit quieter than it is on the gti. Thanks

Nyulak

Ready to race!
No clip, but I didn't find the APR Catted Downpipe plus stock exhaust to be loud. The tone became a bit throatier, but I found that to be a plus. I feel the largest sound increase came from my Injen intake. While cruising, the car is almost as quiet as it was before the DP install.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Thanks. I want I do the dp down the road, but don't want the wife bitching that it sounds too loud or ricer. I removed the tube off of the air box on the minivan and it sounds awesome. She complained. Lol

dekoonz

I have the usp catless downpipe on my 1.8 I do also have the injen intake.
https://vimeo.com/196377461

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dekoonz

That's the full exhaust or just a catless downpipe with the stock exhaust? It doesn't sound too loud

Catless downpipe with stock exhaust.

Bbuenger71

I am thinking about catted Eurocode or CTS downpipe. Does anyone have experience with any of these?

I have the CTS. Can barely tell a difference in sound. Had it on for about 20k miles. No issues.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
I took a chance and put tin a catless. It was too good of a deal to pass up. It's a little too loud for my taste. I'm going to add a converter. Both magnaflow and flowmaster sell high flow cats for under $100. Going to research and see which is better.