GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to do a rear wiper delete

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
I ordered my delete from killallwipers.com. Took a while to get here because it comes from overseas but it's a flush mount plug that goes in from the inside and uses adhesive to secure into place. Other forum users have also used this one and it seems to be fairly popular.

I used DAP's LED Rear Tail Harness video so that I would know how to remove the hatch trim. The video can be found here. https://youtu.be/mnTI9je9fh0?t=48s

Onwards...

vw671

Autocross Newbie
yeah getting the wiper arm off is the hardest part of the job. I folded my arm up and kind of rocked it back and forth while pulling it out. It seems like it won't move then it will suddenly come off. It was scary though, felt like the glass was going to crack.

Aphron

CW :)!
Did this on my mkv gti, loved it at the time. But enjoyed my rear wiper this last week in San Diego on my mk7! Just used a cheap 1 dollar plastic plug and silicone, lot less mess!

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Did this on my mkv gti, loved it at the time. But enjoyed my rear wiper this last week in San Diego on my mk7! Just used a cheap 1 dollar plastic plug and silicone, lot less mess!

I'm not too concerned with the mess, I was able to clean up everything pretty well. I just wasn't expecting it to be as messy at the time, compounded by the glass not being a clean and even cut all the way through, it was a little more of a pain in the ass. I live in CA too, but grew up in the mid Atlantic, and for as much as it rains here at certain times, it's still not worth having the rear wiper to me.

Clean guide! Saved if I ever go down this path.
Thanks. It's pretty easy and shouldn't take you longer than about 30 minutes if you don't run into the glass issue I did and the cleanup I had to do with that sealant.