GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

door ding on crease

sbarrett4

Ready to race!
Got a door ding today on the passenger door. Took the paint off in a small area on the horizontal door crease. Doesn't seem to have actually left a dent thankfully. I have touch up paint and a Quixx repair kit. I've used the kit before but only on thin scratches on flat surfaces.

Given that the surface isn't flat, will I make more of a mess trying to blend the paint vs. just leaving the touched up area as a "blob"? I'm not looking for perfection, just not totally noticeable.

160dB

Passed Driver's Ed
I got a similar ding, to what you are describing. I have touch up paint, but haven't tried to apply it for the same concerns you have.

Attachments

• 20160712_195231.jpg
    20160712_195231.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 715

sbarrett4

Ready to race!
Yep, thats essentially what mine looks like. Black paint chipped off revealing the white coat underneath. I applied the touch up paint and once it dried, didn't look bad from 5 feet. I may leave it that way for now and attempt a cleaner touch up after the winter. I'm sure I'll have more chips at that point.

Axles of Evil

Ready to race!
One reason not to join the club!

:mad: There is nothing...and I mean nothing more disrespectful than having some asshat open a door on a car!

I for one have owned many cars, for years and never got a door ding because I am careful about where I land the car, even in a big parking lot. These suckers cost a LOT of hard earned money, and I will be damed if some anus vent is going to abuse my ride.

As a result, I have avoided a membership to the D.B.C.O.A successfully for a long time.

The club?.....

The Door Bangers Club of America

I have seen these turds pull up to other cars in the parking lots and just swing the doors wide open only to hit some poor unsuspecting vehicle. It didn't deserve that, nor does the owner who is left with the damage. I usually leave a note telling them the license plate of the offending asshat in question.....hoped it helped.;)

Bloody Hell Fire......I need a beer after that one:D

Got a door ding today on the passenger door. Took the paint off in a small area on the horizontal door crease. Doesn't seem to have actually left a dent thankfully. I have touch up paint and a Quixx repair kit. I've used the kit before but only on thin scratches on flat surfaces.

Given that the surface isn't flat, will I make more of a mess trying to blend the paint vs. just leaving the touched up area as a "blob"? I'm not looking for perfection, just not totally noticeable.

VictorHuge

I've done the same as axles, nothing more infuriating than a lazy jerk who doesn't care who's car he/she crashes into while going about their grocery shopping.

I'll never forget the woman who used my car as a door stop for her craptacular toyota one day.

"Well if I don't do that the wind will catch the door and make a dent in your car!"

Then park far away from everyone else!