GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WOLF Mk7 GTI vs Nitrous 5.0 and 2016 5.0's

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
excited for e85 haha

nice kills dude, really impressive... those 5.0's are quite the benchmark i would say.

always been a fan of stripped cars and what all the little stuff collectively does to make a fast fukin car.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Addressing cooling and engine heat always helps. But, I think I remember somewhere he stated the car was weighing in at 2600 range with him in the car. Think about that one for a minute... Knocking 400-500 pounds off a relatively light car to begin with is huge.

Wolf, list all your weight reduction mods. :0.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Let's see if I can guess them:

Rims, no interior/seats, no hood, no a/c. I know way more but those are the ones I remember.

wlfpck

Ready to race!
I think next on the list should be the seibon CF fenders that are flared/wider.

Then he can run an even wider setup up front for that traction.

Unless he has this already.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Does the car even have A/C (would hope living in DFW) or stereo? Lol.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Nope I know it doesn't have a/c but radio I don't think so either. Who needs jams when you have the melodic sounds of the engine? :D

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Radio with one small lightweight speaker. Lol. ;).

"Radio"

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
Let's see if I can guess them:

Rims, no interior/seats, no hood, no a/c. I know way more but those are the ones I remember.

Spare tire and jack are pretty heavy as well. Having the exhaust system dump right out of the turbo is also a lot of weight saved.

craigsix

Ready to race!
you are leaving out sooo many that all together make SUCH A BIG difference.
Fluidmpr crank pulley, DV+, RS7 plugs, dogbone mounts, motor mounts, transmission mounts, large diameter turbo inlet, large diameter turbo outlet, DSG tunes, clutch and flywheel, clutchpacks, LSD, lightweight wheels and rotors and so many other smaller things.

It all ads up.
Why do people believe that wheel horse power mods end with just downpipe, intercooler/tubing and an intake?
ive been hot rodding since 1977 and i call it in search of the demon tweak that the other guy doesnt have and i dont want to tell them.