GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Stage 2: Real World Numbers?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Ideally the real world dyno would entail dynoing the car stock, seeing if it makes the claimed stock ~200-220 whp (i believe that is whp not chp) then seeing what apr1 does.

I had a 300whp cobalt ss for a while and being right in the same league, similar gearing and weight, the gti does feel to be right in that realm on stage 1.

italynstylion

Ready to race!
Thank you everyone for the responses. Definitely gives me a better idea of what these cars realistically make.

:eek:

One of the greatest cars ever created!

Indeed it was. Great car for driving when the road is flat and you're only in the car to enjoy the drive. Sort of a pain in the ass the rest of the time. I'll own another one some day.

ExcelerateRep1

Go Kart Champion
I'm curious what a Stage 2 R (tune, dp, intake, intercooler) makes at the wheels in real life. APR has EXCELLENT documentation on their site regarding what power this will make at the wheels but I'm aware that sometimes manufacturers post numbers that are a bit....how shall we say, optimistic. Nothing against APR either.

Has anyone with a full stage 2 (or close to it) setup laid down any numbers in an independent dyno session? Very interested to see the results.

Based off real world numbers I would venture to stage 2 merely for the drive-ability alone. The car responds quicker, pulls harder down low, and is effortless to drive. In situations where you need to downshift, just push on the pedal more and the car just does it.

One of our customers sent us this info as a testimonial to prove that stage 2 does have its benefits, its proven to make the car faster. Is it as much of a difference in overall peak power as stock to stage 1? No, but it was never intended to be considering at that point you are at hardware limitations.

"I just want to follow up. It has been probably about 2.5 months since I did the APR install on my Audi S3. The car runs great and I took it to the track and ran 3 tenths quicker and picked 2.5-3mph on the 1/4 mile.

The APR downpipe with the stage II tune made a huge difference specially considering that I am only running the 91oct file and I am at 3100ft elevation.

Thanks,

Greg

TarzanoftheApes

Ready to race!
I've got a IS38 GTI and am confused by the numbers being posted here. I was under the impression my car should be making around 370 hp and tq. I have not dyno'd it however. Wouldn't the Golf R be making even more with the same bolt-ons and tune since it has better internals?

claytonbrown1

In Australia there was Mullerhaus testing this couple months ago and stage 2 intake/DP made 301whp, they got another 12 whp with APR IC.

With Wagner IC, Neuspeed charge pipe and VWR inlet pipe they got 336WHP on a 4wd dyno. That car that made 301whp initially proven 11.8 1/4 times at 117/118.

I think that APR dyno numbers on hub dyno so generally read about 10% higher than a 4wd dyno. Many stage 1 with intake were getting around 220-230WKW on 4wd dyno and same cars making 240-250wkw on hub. Hope that helps.

This dude talkin bout an R or a GTI? Those sound like GTI numbers to me...