GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Adding Dynaudio Subwoofer to non Dynaudio system

baldybouncer

Just bought one of these :

http://www.cars-equipment.com/www/e...al/oem-5g0035591-dynaudio-subwoofer-for-golf/

Should be with me later this week...

I have already added a pioneer 4 channel power amplifier to my golf

One of these :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PIONEER-G...023263?hash=item5d528e691f:g:mdcAAOSwiCRUfIoY

My question is this -

Has anyone added a subwoofer like this to a standard setup? I am going to add a 2 channel amplifier to run the sub (it is dual voice coil) but will need to be able to adjust the levels to the sub...

Does anyone know the power I can put into the subwoofer as I cannot find out how much power it will take and with it being 2 Ohm it will need quite a powerful amplifier...

Any help will be apprecaited!

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Have you ever heard of the Helix sound upgrade? It's a much better bang-for-the-buck upgrade compared to what you're doing. You're installing a (nearly) useless sub in a system that's already lacking. The Helix upgrade gives you much better bass and amps your speakers and even has built-in staging. If i can make one strong suggestion, it's that you stop right now before you waste more of your money.

Well i didnt see that you said that you already added an amp to your system. But still, the dynaudio sub is not a good value

baldybouncer

Have you ever heard of the Helix sound upgrade? It's a much better bang-for-the-buck upgrade compared to what you're doing. You're installing a (nearly) useless sub in a system that's already lacking. The Helix upgrade gives you much better bass and amps your speakers and even has built-in staging. If i can make one strong suggestion, it's that you stop right now before you waste more of your money.

Well i didnt see that you said that you already added an amp to your system. But still, the dynaudio sub is not a good value

It is already ordered and cost £40 (not alot) I really cannot afford to lose the spare wheel as I commute alot so it may be a compromise...

The sound I am getting now from the standard speakers amplified is very good - just want a bit more low end...

Just looking for an amplifier now

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
It is already ordered and cost £40 (not alot) I really cannot afford to lose the spare wheel as I commute alot so it may be a compromise...

The sound I am getting now from the standard speakers amplified is very good - just want a bit more low end...

Just looking for an amplifier now

I've thought of doing the same thing. Getting a 5 channel amp and then getting a used Fender Sub. I've seen the Fender Sub used for about $70 shipped on eBay. I don't want to lose my spare and I just wonder if it would sound good enough. Let us know how this goes!

baldybouncer

Will do - it should arrive this week - I have a small class D digital amplifier to add to the system. I can run the front and rear speakers with high pass to restrict the bass and leave that to the subwoofer...

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Will do - it should arrive this week - I have a small class D digital amplifier to add to the system. I can run the front and rear speakers with high pass to restrict the bass and leave that to the subwoofer...

Nice, post pics too!

baldybouncer

Gutted!

Subwoofer arrived - looks like new :)

Does not fit into my spare wheel though! too big - for some reason I have a 16" spare wheel yet the car has 17" wheels!!

Going to see if I can find a cheap larger space saver - if not will be selling the dynaudio sub :(

PasifikMavi

Passed Driver's Ed
Gutted!

Does not fit into my spare wheel though! too big - for some reason I have a 16" spare wheel yet the car has 17" wheels!!

Going to see if I can find a cheap larger space saver - if not will be selling the dynaudio sub :(

System removes full size alloy spare then adds 3.5J x 18 spacesaver spare wheel when you opt for dynaudio

mondo

Ready to race!
Gutted!

I had the same issue, bought a 2016 GTD with 18" wheels, but here in Germany the spare wheel is an option
My German buddy ordered me a 16" spare with corner mount toolkit, brand new, but the Dynaudio sub didn't fit.
Found a brand new 18" space saver spare on Ebay.co.uk, cost me £90 with shipping to France.

Here's the end result - plus a big smile on my face