GOLFMKV

K-Mac - Camber Plates

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE

zero10

Ready to race!
I had K-Mac plates on my previous autocross toy (2001 Focus ZX-3) and I found them to be of decent quality and easy to install. Adjustment was advertised as being possible with the car on the ground but honestly to get them to slide I had to lift that corner of the car until the wheel was almost off the ground before I could push them around. The one thing I didn't like about them is they seemed to loosen up and knock/tick in the cold (0 to 5*C) and also after 2-3 years of about 80-100 runs per year plus ~5000km of street to/from events they had a fair amount of play. Sucks that at nearly $500 per set they only really lasted about 3 years. I also didn't like that the plates I received were constructed of materials that didn't match the description of any of their stages - they seemed to be in between 2 stages.

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
I had K-Mac plates on my previous autocross toy (2001 Focus ZX-3) and I found them to be of decent quality and easy to install. Adjustment was advertised as being possible with the car on the ground but honestly to get them to slide I had to lift that corner of the car until the wheel was almost off the ground before I could push them around. The one thing I didn't like about them is they seemed to loosen up and knock/tick in the cold (0 to 5*C) and also after 2-3 years of about 80-100 runs per year plus ~5000km of street to/from events they had a fair amount of play. Sucks that at nearly $500 per set they only really lasted about 3 years. I also didn't like that the plates I received were constructed of materials that didn't match the description of any of their stages - they seemed to be in between 2 stages.

I believe the K-macs have bearings that can be rebuilt. Do you think that's why the play developed?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Swoope

Ready to race!
Another kit to consider:

https://vorshlag-store.com/products/vw-mk7-golf-gti-camber-caster-plates-perches

They seem to be pretty popular among the BMW crowd. I plan on getting those or the IE kit this spring as well.

this!^^^^^^^^^

ryan,

we put a set of these on ians mini. then we took them off and put them on his new mini GP.

excellent build, no noise. lots of options for fit.

if / when i put plates on new gti, it will be these. also support phone calls were done well.

beers

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
this!^^^^^^^^^

ryan,

we put a set of these on ians mini. then we took them off and put them on his new mini GP.

excellent build, no noise. lots of options for fit.

if / when i put plates on new gti, it will be these. also support phone calls were done well.

beers
Thank you Scott; putting these at the top of the list.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Think there a difference in NVH between the K-Mac, Vorshlag, Ground Control, IE, or Racingline. Did I miss any options?