GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mud flaps or No mud flaps

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
So sad VW has not developed OE flaps for the R. Being AWD you would think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Classic incompetent VW head scratcher there. My 2015 GTI came with a 30-pin iPhone connector, and does not have an auxiliary jack. That's garbage.

Axles of Evil

Ready to race!
Ever seen MUD FLAPS on a....

...Lamborghini ?

No?.....then consider not putting them on this sports car please!

Flaps are for family cars and 4x4's!

:eek:

REAL Friends don't let friends drive with flaps....for Pete's sake man, stash the flaps!

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
While I do like the OEM fit of OEM flaps, I also HATE how they wrap around onto the paint and end up trapping debris over time, and scuffing the paintwork underneath. Happens to all cars with them eventually, even if you put clear protective film underneath, the debris still makes it's way through to scratch the paint.

I prefer how other flaps like Rally Armor and Rock Bloks etc sit, but I don't like how big and flimsy they are. Plus their hardware to me is kinda cheap and better suited to a Subie or a honda :p

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
...Lamborghini ?

No?.....then consider not putting them on this sports car please!

Flaps are for family cars and 4x4's!

:eek:

REAL Friends don't let friends drive with flaps....for Pete's sake man, stash the flaps!

Hmmmm. I think these qualify.

Even die cast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
My set arrived today, how difficult are they to install?

I thought it was easy. I did remove my wheels though. You end up poking a couple of holes through the felt fender liner for some of the screws. Minor drilling through plastic required. The instructions that come with them tell you evrything you need to know.

Since you aren't that far away, I'd try to do this on a warmer day. No way I would have done it this past weekend!

Skwangtang

Ready to race!
I thought it was easy. I did remove my wheels though. You end up poking a couple of holes through the felt fender liner for some of the screws. Minor drilling through plastic required. The instructions that come with them tell you evrything you need to know.

Since you aren't that far away, I'd try to do this on a warmer day. No way I would have done it this past weekend!

I keep my car in a garage connected to my house so it doesn't get too cold. Also have a couple space heaters I can use. I might give it a try tonight. Thanks :)

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Flappity flap flap. I dig the OEM flaps. They're quite functional and look much less in-your-face than the Rally Armors I had on my Focus ST. I think they'll hold up much better over time too. They clean right up like the rest of the car. RAs seemed to fade and hold dirt:

SouthbayMK7

Ready to race!
I also got the OEM mud guards. Good quality, flexible hard rubber. Not the cheap plastic stuff.

Attachments

• 20170110_083725 (1).jpg
    20170110_083725 (1).jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 1,559