GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Helix hid headlight condensation

WhenzLunch

Ready to race!
Anybody having condensation issues with their helix hid headlights?

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

WhenzLunch

Ready to race!
Been the same on every HID headlight I have ever had, the worst was the BMW's. Perfectly normal and will clear on it's own.
OK cool thanks for the Info. I just didn't want to remove and send them back. It's not horrible but I did just pay $500 for them.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
OK cool thanks for the Info. I just didn't want to remove and send them back. It's not horrible but I did just pay $500 for them.

Saw your video, looks good you really didn't need to jack the car up [emoji4]unless you are taking the bumper off.
If you purchased the lights from OPD PM him, he will help you with the fogging, is really nothing to worry about I love the Helix lights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
Same here, tried several fixes which worked with varied results. In the end I still see some condensation after a touchless car wash or a rain.

Remediation Fixes (tried so far) -

1. Run air pump (air bed inflator pump) in low speed, with the nozzle pointed in to the assemble (remove headlight caps)
2. Removed both the assemblies and applied the Black Gasket Silicone around the entire edges (where the plastic glass meets the black plastic)
3. Added additional Silica Desiccant packs in to the assembly (Duct tape the packs under the headlight caps and put it back)
4. Installed Extra Weather Strips on top and sides, so any water directly hitting from front/sides do not seep in to the headlight.

Interesting observation is, even after all the fixes above, the condensation occurs on the passenger side (US Model). My theory is that, there is quite a free space behind the lights with the cold AC Lines
running right behind the vent holes of the right headlight (passenger side). In wet conditions, chances of sucking in the air/moisture is more.

If you have any workable solution, please do share.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
as a guy who made retrofit headlights for a while i can say that GENERALLY headlights fog due to improper assembly, as most all of mine never fogged but the few that did needed resealing, which sucked!

the above mentioned fixes do help and i can attest to the silica gel packets working a bit.

always helps in the case of these MK7 lights to double check that the caps, seals and vent tubes are all on correctly and such.

yowalter

Passed Driver's Ed
I got rid of condensation fast by using "DriZAir" or something like that. Probably any silica or dehumidifier would work. I put the crystals in the packaging for a tea bag and taped it closed. Works nicely!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk