GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTD/ GTI Gearknobs same?

robby1

Ready to race!
Hi
I'm wanting a gti gearknob for my 1.4TSi but understand mods are needed on the shaft to make it fit.
Is the GTD gearknob the same or will this fit straight on?

Thanks

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
Why would the 1.4tsi have a different gear knob than other trim levels? Source of info requiring modification of shaft? Picture of the original gear selector? The ones i seem look like the same as the GTI gear selectors and i would expect it would be no different of an install.

robby1

Ready to race!
Why would the 1.4tsi have a different gear knob than other trim levels? Source of info requiring modification of shaft? Picture of the original gear selector? The ones i seem look like the same as the GTI gear selectors and i would expect it would be no different of an install.

Well found the link which answers my own question - ted GTD is the same as the GTi knob :(
I was hoping to fit the golf ball style knob to my GT which has the smooth top knob.
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2455&highlight=gearknob

Maxcowe1

Passed Driver's Ed
rsz_img_8309.jpg

I just installed the GTI stick, requires cutting of the metal rod underneath but nothing too hard!

Maxcowe1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi
I'm wanting a gti gearknob for my 1.4TSi but understand mods are needed on the shaft to make it fit.
Is the GTD gearknob the same or will this fit straight on?

Thanks

Theres another post on this website with detailed photos on what to do, search it up! thats what I used and it was really straight forward. Its not a plug and play scenario - modifications have to be made