GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CARB legal intake

rr1santos

Ready to race!
Hi all,

While I know a air intake does not give noticeable gains, I am curious which intakes are CARB legal for the golf r. I did see neuspeed is CARB legal, any other ones?

on my way to a jb4 tune and want to max out all bolt ons as well >_<

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
I know Cobb said they have submitted theirs for approval but it isn't yet.

Neuspeed typically gets their pflow certified but I have not checked yet.

rr1santos

Ready to race!
You realize the JB4 isn't CARB legal right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

yes I'm aware. I'm just curious what intakes are carb legal..

in San Diego I've gone through a couple vehicle check points where pop hoods to look for "illegal" parts. I'd have the jb4 tucked away where it isn't too noticeable as an after market unit..but the intake would stand out..as long as there is a visible CARB number I'm good...how I passed with my Miata.. carb legal intake non carb exhaust system (header out)..no problem..

Eury

Passed Driver's Ed
Do they actually randomly pull people over to look if your car has been modified in California? It's not just at emissions testing time?

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Wow that is ridiculous! Some wasting of tax payers dollars!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SRoads

Ready to race!
gotta love Comi-fornia....
The run for the intake on the Mk7 is fairly straight; most of the gains come from the filter, buy a upgraded panel filter(k&n, afe, etc. take your pick) and remove the snow guard.

phobos512

Ready to race!
Do they actually randomly pull people over to look if your car has been modified in California? It's not just at emissions testing time?

They actually have mobile emissions stations that they can sit on the sides of major highways. Then inspect the car if you set off the sensors. Like radar for emissions basically. And yeah it is nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lv2bll54

Passed Driver's Ed
The only one that I know of for sure is neuspeed at the moment. Injen (which I have in Cali also) told me that theirs is pending. Most other brands are probably in that boat as well.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk