GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to retro-fit the jack pads from the Audi A3 (2013->)

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Disclaimer:- This info is for community usage. I am NOT affiliated to, or sponsored by, any company/individual to promote them or their products. Companies/individuals may NOT use my name, photos, or threads/technical guides, for financial or personal gain (fraudulent misrepresentation).

Part 1 of 3
Vehicle used in this guide
UK spec, 2014yr model, Mk7 Golf Estate (GSW), GT (Highline) trim, 1.4lt TSI (140PS) CHPA petrol engine, MQ250 6speed manual gearbox, multi-link rear suspension.

Vehicles that this guide is applicable to
All VAG (Audi/Seat/Skoda/VW) MQB platform cars.

Introduction
So why do this post? Mainly to make it easier for search engines to find & to provide more details. Also this is done on an Estate/Variant/Sportwagon.
Also I note other people are wrongly fitting bungs without the correct cover pieces!!So just quickly did a how to, even though I did this 2yrs ago!!

Special thanks to
Forum member “kevinm” for posting up the original info in his thread :-
Kev's GTI PP DSG | Page 2 | GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum

Research
On the factory assembly line the car is suspended by 4 locating pins which fit into the 4 holes that we are using. Once the whole underside, drive train, engine, etc. is installed, then the wheels can be fitted. Then the car is un-hitched from the assembly line cradle & rests on its wheels for the rest of the assembly line. The two rear holes have flat plastic covers pressed in, & the front holes are covered with the two trim covers.
However on the Audi S3 they fit these “jack locating pads” to move the car around & also to help in lifting the car when at the dealers for a service, due to the low side skirts.

Ever since people first started using the MKI Audi TT jack pad mod on other cars, there have been lots of heated discussions about the strength of the points, & if you should be jacking from there & not the pinch seam welds, etc., etc. I DO NOT want to go over this again here. All I have to say is Google it & make your own mind up, I prefer to have straight pinch seam welds. I have used this modification on previous VAG cars with no problems, & have now had it on my MK7 Golf for 1yr. I have been jacking my car up & down for various other mods, changing the alloys & have no problems using these Audi jack pads. I will say this, I have two 3ton trolley jacks, & using one jack each side can lift the whole front or rear of the car. Half the cars weight is still on the ground & ¼ is on each jack as per the factory. If I use one jack to lift a side, then half of the cars weight is on the jack. I try to get a 3ton stand under the other pinch seam weld on the same side to support (using a thick newspaper packer between the stand & pinch seam weld)

Parts required
Front Jack Points:- VAG ETKA illustration for Audi A3/2013/Body/Bungs Retainer for Jack/No.803-034
Parts list & approx. costs in UK £
Item No. 20:- 8V0 804 631,
Base plate for jack socket (Rubber bungs), £6.73 (x2)
Item No. 21:- 8V0 802 845, Jack socket left side, £6.73
Item No. 21:- 8V0 802 846, Jack socket right side, £6.73
Item No. 22:- 8V0 802 847 A, Jack socket rear (wedge pads), £7.74 (x2)

EDIT October 2021:- These parts are NOT shown in the diagrams above for the front jack points, however, the covers have holes & recesses for them.
Item:- N-909-591-01,
Speed nut, x 4 quantity
Item:- N-909-747-01, Hex head panel bolt 5x16mm, x 4 quantity
Item:- 8E0-825-267, Plastic spreader rivet, x 2 quantity

Rear Jack Points:- VAG ETKA illustration for Audi A3/2013/body/underbody trim/No.825-000
Item No. 17:- 8V0 825 271,
Large outer trim cover left side, £3.60
Item No. 17:- 8V0 825 272, Large outer trim cover right side, £3.60

WARNING:-
If you look at the original information on “kevinm” thread you will notice that there was a mistake over the part numbers for the rear jack socket pads. This ended up with myself & another member buying the wrong parts. YOU MUST make sure you get the rear jack socket pad ending with “A” (PR codes K8R=Sportsback, K8S=Sedan) otherwise you will get the wrong version which is a longer pad from the Hatchback (PR-K8G).

Last edited:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Part 2 of 3
Fitting

Front pads:-

Using a T-star (T-25 size) bit/key, undo the black screw securing the existing front trim cover which is located near the rear of the front wheel arch. Press in the two rear tabs & slide the cover towards the rear of the car to release. You might also have to lever away the front tab also. It will be very tight! Now using some rubber/paintwork safe lubricant, press fit the rubber bung (Item No. 20) into the exposed hole in the “tower”. You will then need to fit a big socket into the “cup” of the bung & press it in by trying to lift the car up with a jack from that point. Then fit the new outer trim cover (Item No. 17). Now press the jack sockets (Item No. 21) into the bungs (get them fitted on the correct side of the car!), again use the jack to press it fully in. Refit the T-25 screw last, so you can manoeuvre the trim covers into their proper places.

EDIT October 2021:-
You will notice that your existing large side cover has two recesses with holes for fit the standard VAG "speednut", or Z clip. These holes align with the holes in the new Audi short cover (Item No.17). Place a speed nut in each recess & use the black trim screw/bolts to secure Item No. 17 to the existing large tray. You will also notice that there is a hole in item no. 21 which aligns with a hole in Item No.17. Place one of the plastic spreader rivets in here. this stops the jack pad (Item No. 21) from rotating.

Front-Jack-pads.jpg

Last edited:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Part 3 of 3
Fitting

Rear pads:-

The rear wedges can be fitted very easily by removing the two plastic “bungs”. Then clip the front clip part on the jack pad “wedge” (Item No. 22) into the first hole & push the back clips into the second rear most hole. You will then need a trolley jack to push the rear part fully “home”.

Results

Job done & another modification which is very easy to do & should be factory fit!

Conclusions

Just another item to add to the long list of "should be factory fit & they actually make the parts".

Rear-Jack-pads.jpg

Last edited:

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!
Part II
Rear pads:-
The rear wedges can be fitted very easily by removing the two plastic “bungs”. Then clip the front clip part on the jack pad “wedge” (Item No. 22) into the first hole & push the back clips into the second rear most hole. You will then need a trolley jack to push the rear part fully “home”.

Job done & another modification which is very easy to do & should be factory fit!

Pics to be done properly later!!!
Hi mate where do I purchase these parts from thankyou

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Hi mate where do I purchase these parts from thankyou

I bought mine from the parts dept at my local Audi dealers....

Either that or put the part numbers into eBay & see

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
$8 jacking pads from Amazon are good enough for me.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Crud_muffin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e-Golf
Countrymen, one and all: check out e-acca.com for these parts at a fraction. Little bit of a wait, but good success.

Oh, if you look close enough during manufacturing, you'll see when these pads get used.

Happy motoring!

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
So can you use one of these jack points to lift the entire side of the car so you can set in place two jack stands at the pinch welds? If so, which would you use, the front or rear?

athos56

Ready to race!
Countrymen, one and all: check out e-acca.com for these parts at a fraction. Little bit of a wait, but good success.

Oh, if you look close enough during manufacturing, you'll see when these pads get used.

Happy motoring!

I just used this site, I paid for the faster shipping and paid $73 bucks all said. I checked a lot of the VW parts in my wish lists and will definitely be using this site if everything pans out. Thanks for the tip.

Crud_muffin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e-Golf
I just used this site, I paid for the faster shipping and paid $73 bucks all said. I checked a lot of the VW parts in my wish lists and will definitely be using this site if everything pans out. Thanks for the tip.
Happy to pass it forward. Have done 3 orders with them so far, sometimes a wait, but always top notch.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
On e-acca a search for part# 8V0 804 631, base plate for jack socket (Rubber bungs) came up as this. Which one part# did you go with?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 5,935

Crud_muffin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e-Golf
On e-acca a search for part# 8V0 804 631, base plate for jack socket (Rubber bungs) came up as this. Which one part# did you go with?
I went a different route, but that base plate seems to work just as well. For the fronts I went with just the grommet combo - 8N0804583 and 8N0803855 - and added the the new splash shields with cutouts- 8V0825271 and 8V0825272. Here's a pick of that front setup.

Edit: Updated smaller picture.

Attachments

• Puck.jpg
    Puck.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 6,521
Last edited:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I went a different route, but that base plate seems to work just as well. For the fronts I went with just the grommet combo - 8N0804583 and 8N0803855 - and added the the new splash shields with cutouts- 8V0825271 and 8V0825272. .

I never liked this "version" of the set up, I have had the "pucks" retrofitted on other VAG cars, but prefer the rear wedge blocks & the front covers with puck built in..