GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Helix HID Projector Headlights - Golf 7 Lighting Package (FREE HID Upgrade)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnePerfectDose1

Ready to race!
Hi,
What is the expected life span on the ballast? Are the ballast replaceable? I am in this car for the long run so when the new mk8 comes out do you stop supporting all the mk7 assembly?
thanks

Speaking on ballast in general, I still have aftermarket ballasts from 2008 that I still use to this day. I would expect a decent 4-5 years easily. Generally you know within the first year if you are going to have trouble.

In the event you need to replace the ballast, it can be unplugged and replaced with a ballast of your choice. The connection are standard across most ballast (None OEM) so it shouldn't be an issue.

We will continue to support the product just as we do for the MK6 platform. The products aren't going anywhere so we will have access to them.

spiker369

on air, don't care
Hey Joseph, I was recommending your lights to a local and the site is actually down again. I told him to DM you but not sure if he did. Just wanted to let you know.

OnePerfectDose1

Ready to race!
Hey Joseph, I was recommending your lights to a local and the site is actually down again. I told him to DM you but not sure if he did. Just wanted to let you know.

Thank you, we have been having issues with the site but it happens on the weekends only for some reason LOL. Thanks for the recommendation!

tmbzip

Ready to race!
Hm so I'm getting the sides of the headlight coming out past the fender a bit. I've re-attempted adjustments several times with the same results..any tips on this?

hugotinini

malrats

I am so ridiculously interested in getting these, though I'm not sure that I trust myself to install them. Especially not with alignment. I'm a total noob with all of this.

Also can't decide if I'd want to get the red stripe and keep my non-LP grille until I can afford a LP grille, or if it looks fine enough without bothering; or if the black might look sweet on my white MK7.

Does anyone have a photo of the black stripe on a white MK7 and/or the red stripe without the LP grille? Thanks. :)

Also, these are street legal in the US, right?

Last edited:

Galoosh

I was hoping to buy these lights with the black stripe and was super disappointed to see you're out of stock. Will you be getting more? Thanks

Sawyerville06

I receive my headlight, they look pretty amazing. But when i opened the second one, a saw a wire (in the red circle) and I dont know what is the purpose of this one. Is it normal?

Thanks,

Attachments

• 20170401_104408.jpg
    20170401_104408.jpg
    758.5 KB · Views: 963

OnePerfectDose1

Ready to race!
I was hoping to buy these lights with the black stripe and was super disappointed to see you're out of stock. Will you be getting more? Thanks

ETA is middle of the month. It should be a full restock.

I receive my headlight, they look pretty amazing. But when i opened the second one, a saw a wire (in the red circle) and I dont know what is the purpose of this one. Is it normal?

Thanks,

The headlights can have several configurations. If everything is working properly it's nothing to be concerned about. Email us if you are having any issues.

OnePerfectDose1

Ready to race!
Headlights are set to arrive soon, there has been a delay. Should be ready to ship within the next couple weeks. Order will be fulfilled first come first serve. We will announce once they are available for purchase.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.