GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking to buy a GTI, pricing help

tmbzip

Ready to race!
Hey everyone,

Looking to purchase a 2017 Sport DSG 4-Door. Thus far in Southern California (Los Angeles Area) I've only gotten about $3,500 off msrp.

I've seen a lot of posts where people are getting $5-6k off and not always including incentives.

Anybody have any connections or recommendations in the area to get this kind of pricing?

Thanks!

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
I would also recommend using TrueCar and submitting the request for pricing around the end of the month. I used two different email addresses and phone numbers so that I could get the offical pricing two different times. Also look into the VW Partner Program. I joined the SCCA ($75 a year to join) but then got the $500 rebate combined with the other incentives active at the time.

Using this strategy I got my 2017 GTI S DSG at the end of October for 5K off msrp at Bob Baker in Carlsbad.

Good luck!

rmchung1

You can get $5k off msrp. Email a bunch of the VW dealers and not only the ones in your area. Once you get several, ask them to price match your other offers. I got my 2017 GTI Sport manual quotes for $24K-$25K and that is without VW loyalty, but that was sending emails to about 5 dealerships all over the place...even ones that were 70 miles away from Diamond Bar.

tmbzip

Ready to race!
Yeah that's my plan, though I was wondering if anyone had any specific dealerships they've had good experiences with around here? Lack of incentives (for non current VW owners) probably isn't helping either this month haha.