GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Pure White GTI / Golf Thread

mikeemorales

Passed Driver's Ed

sitting so pretty :)

mikeemorales

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice. Thanks man, I'm gonna have to look into those. I hate the way the stock halogens look.

BTW, check out this thread. We are going to try to get a small meet together:

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?p=371994

just saw it today! forgot to leave my available time/suggestions. yeah man i could not stand the stock yellow halogens. I bought them a couple months ago when ECS had a sale on them. went for 18.99 free shipping. not sure if they still have em for that price, but originally they weren't that bad.

**** i forgot to mention that I also had to replace the H15s to super white as well. Just in case you're looking into white headlights.

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
I plan to add a decal stripe across the whole car- on top. I haven't really customized it besides the headlights & backlights. Any suggestions ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Performance mods or appearance mods?

If appearance maybe some lowering springs or coilovers. A flush spacer kit or new wheels in general.

Performance I first did a Forge BOV and a dogbone mount insert, a new filter for the stoke Intake box. I purchased an AFE filter. Catch can if you'd like. I purchased a JB1 but now you can get the JB4.

Hexxum001

Ready to race!
just saw it today! forgot to leave my available time/suggestions. yeah man i could not stand the stock yellow halogens. I bought them a couple months ago when ECS had a sale on them. went for 18.99 free shipping. not sure if they still have em for that price, but originally they weren't that bad.

**** i forgot to mention that I also had to replace the H15s to super white as well. Just in case you're looking into white headlights.
I just ordered the H7's from ECS. They are $25 now but that's still a good price. I actually already have the H15's. I got them from DeAutoLED. Thanks for the heads up. Don't forget to post in the other thread. Give us your suggestions.

xl1200r

Ready to race!
Just added VWR springs and ECS spacers.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Just added VWR springs and ECS spacers.

How was the install? How does it ride? Any issues with clearance?

xl1200r

Ready to race!
No clearance issues. The ride is noticeably firmer, but not obnoxious and still retains composure over rough pavement. It's not a night and day difference, but you'll notice. Anyone who rides in the car who you didn't tell probably won't notice anything.

The install was much easier than I expected. I had ordered the install kit from ECS and really can't fathom how anyone would possibly need most of the hardware they included.

Left side was cake - remove lower strut pinch bolt and sway bar links on both sides so it will move out of the way, then slide the spindle off, 3 top strut mount bolts and remove. Install new spring on the strut and reinstall.

Right side was the same, but needed to unbolt the ball joint and axle from the spindle.

The rear was cake - 3 bolts per side for the spindle, shock mount and sway bar link, plus the two holding the ride height sensor.

Right now, my headlights don't seem to be off, but I'll reset them on the laptop just to be sure. Alignment also yet to be done after I have a few miles on them.

I did this with a friend who is a professional mechanic and has a fully equipped home shop with air, lift, strut compressor, etc, so it was easier than most who are trying to do this in a driveway.

How was the install? How does it ride? Any issues with clearance?

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
No clearance issues. The ride is noticeably firmer, but not obnoxious and still retains composure over rough pavement. It's not a night and day difference, but you'll notice. Anyone who rides in the car who you didn't tell probably won't notice anything.

The install was much easier than I expected. I had ordered the install kit from ECS and really can't fathom how anyone would possibly need most of the hardware they included.

Left side was cake - remove lower strut pinch bolt and sway bar links on both sides so it will move out of the way, then slide the spindle off, 3 top strut mount bolts and remove. Install new spring on the strut and reinstall.

Right side was the same, but needed to unbolt the ball joint and axle from the spindle.

The rear was cake - 3 bolts per side for the spindle, shock mount and sway bar link, plus the two holding the ride height sensor.

Right now, my headlights don't seem to be off, but I'll reset them on the laptop just to be sure. Alignment also yet to be done after I have a few miles on them.

I did this with a friend who is a professional mechanic and has a fully equipped home shop with air, lift, strut compressor, etc, so it was easier than most who are trying to do this in a driveway.

Think I will pry skip wheels and do this same setup - just upgrade tires when these burn up.....since 034 install the tires are much more planted on the ground, so I may conserve stock tires for now

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
20161209_101519 (Medium).jpg

20161209_111105 (Medium).jpg

20161030_101852.jpg

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Got to get rid of front plate!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i'd get rid of mine even though it's mandatory, but i tried and left behind a bunch of ugly holes and scuffmarks :(