GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB1 GTI VS STAGE 1 FOCUS RS

chrisallenwoods

So my day turned out to be pretty awesome when I found out that my cousin's boyfriend has a Focus RS! She told him about my car and he wanted to meet up. He let me drive it and it was the most intense thing I've driven thus far! Ford did a great job with it, although it's a bit much for my personal taste. We did a couple of runs and the cars were pretty even but the RS was just a tad faster just about every time.

Racing isn't really my thing but I had to take the opportunity today!

Sorry for the crap video quality :/

Mods:

2015 GTI S DSG
-JB1 MAP 6
-CTS DP
-INJEN EVOLUTION INTAKE
-E85/93 BLEND

2017 FOCUS RS
-COBB STAGE 1
-E85/93 BLEND

https://vimeo.com/197731020

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

KlipZ

Ready to race!
I feel like this is really impressive seeing that he has Cobb flash, as opposed to just a piggyback.

N10S

Ready to race!
Nice work against the RS, especially with a Cobb stage 1 tune. I agree the RS driver kept looking nervously at the GTI which was kind of funny.

Watching this video reminded me immediately of another Focus RS (also white)video that I watched today which turned out a bit differently for the Focus. Unfortunately not against a VW, but still a surprising loss making me less impressed with that car and the hype surrounding it. Here is the link to that video if anyone wants to watch it: https://youtu.be/3dNdcXc-oKU

The comments mention the honda putting down 285-290hp to the wheels and that the focus rs is stock and at 285 whp. Obviously an issue of a heavier awd car vs a comparably powered but lighter fwd.

A race from a dig would be way different I am sure, but still nice to see how well a lighter fwd car like the honda or your GTI with mods can hang with a car like the RS.

Think of what your results would have looked like if that RS was stock! :)

Venumous

Ready to race!
I need to get another run with the one down here, same tune for him plus charge pipes and magnaflow. When I ran him before I was JB1 Map 1 (5.0) with no DP. I guarantee a vastly different outcome now with JB4 and DP.

KlipZ

Ready to race!
how did you fair with JB1 Map 1 against the rs?

Venumous

Ready to race!
how did you fair with JB1 Map 1 against the rs?

I have a thread on it down the list a bit. I was Intake and Map 1 at 5.0. He pulled immediately when I spun in 2nd and after that I stopped his pull and hung right behind him as a result of the spin. He was on 93 with Cobb Stage 1 with charge pipes.

KlipZ

Ready to race!
thats so impressive. I haven't even raced anyone yet, but boy do i want to. These cars are so underrated.. i love it

Mk72015

Ready to race!
I raced a STOCK Focus Rs for some money from a dig, I sent him out a car, My car is ED stage 1.5 with a downpipe and JB4 stack. That thing was so slow it was sad. I caught him before 60mph, and put a 1 1/2 cars on him, and just went into 5th gear at 70 mph to keep it a close race lol

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Lol that's just mean :D