GOLFMKV

BFI - Maxton Design Spoilers & Splitters

Status
Not open for further replies.

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them
Not long had the maxton front lip, fits great, easy install if you take the front bumper off.

Looks awesome!

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
BFI has responded to my email and is working on a replacement but it's coming from Europe.
Yea maxton is a UK company. THats good though

We are extremely busy around the holidays so sometimes it can take a bit to reply.

I figured as much. Besides thats a normal time window! Never doubted yall. :)

Mikkle

Does anyone have more detailed instructions, pictures or videos for installing the front lip?

I think it's fair to say the instructions that come with the kit are rather sparse :/

Muzdub

Ready to race!
Looks awesome!

Thanks BFI!

Does anyone have more detailed instructions, pictures or videos for installing the front lip?

I think it's fair to say the instructions that come with the kit are rather sparse :/

Remove the bumper, turn it upside down, lay the splitter on top, line up the corners, drill a hole through one side, attach bolt washers and nuts, repeat the other side, then drill the furthest forward you can without altering the angle it sits, within each recessed channel, then finish up with another 3 spaced out either side between the edges and the channels.
I ended up doubling the bolts in the recessed channels after I started the install with the bolts sitting to far back such that the front would likely flap at speed. Luckily I realized my error before I reinstalled the bumper.

I've had 135mph out multiple times since the install and it remains well secured.

Mikkle

Remove the bumper, turn it upside down, lay the splitter on top, line up the corners, drill a hole through one side, attach bolt washers and nuts, repeat the other side, then drill the furthest forward you can without altering the angle it sits, within each recessed channel, then finish up with another 3 spaced out either side between the edges and the channels.
I ended up doubling the bolts in the recessed channels after I started the install with the bolts sitting to far back such that the front would likely flap at speed. Luckily I realized my error before I reinstalled the bumper.

I've had 135mph out multiple times since the install and it remains well secured.

Thanks for the tips! I was under the impression the install would be done with the bumper still attached to the car, but this makes more sense. I don't think there are any "recessed channels" in my front lip (version 2 for Golf R) but it looks like there are markings for drill holes, so I should be able to figure it out from here.

cpatel529

Ready to race!
Recieved my maxton rear diffuser kit. Anyone have instructions on how to install (didn't come with any). I think I have figured out that the center piece needs to be aligned and then you drill to use the short screws to mount it but how do the side wings mount? Each one has 4 holes but the holes don't seem to line up well with the left or right side of the OEM diffuser. I have the oem diffuser off the car to make it easier also. Thanks!

Chi

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

robby1

Ready to race!
How do you get the nuts on the back of the bolts when fitting the front splitter as i understand there's a guard under the bumper? do you have to remove this first?

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie

This arrived today

sent using Pide Piper middle out compression app

Muzdub

Ready to race!
Bfi do you have any good shots of the rear diffuser?

Féfi

Muzdub

Ready to race!
Hey BFI do you have any good shots of the rear diffuser? It either looks perfect or ridiculous in the few too close photos I've seen, so I'm on the fence about getting it. Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.