GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7r cts turbo kit boss500 or boss600 ?

oheyitskev

Ready to race!
GIAC are tuning for the BOSS 500 and 600 kits. the 600 kits will require rods as a minimum and increased fuelling capacity
I called them today, they told me they haven't started on it yet and haven't decided if they want to yet, not saying you're wrong that's just what they told me.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
I called them today, they told me they haven't started on it yet and haven't decided if they want to yet, not saying you're wrong that's just what they told me.

Good to know they're at least considering it. I've got a while before I decide to ditch the current stage 2 setup so I'll be patient if it means GIAC does the tuning :D

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG

Not to be negative on GIAC because I was a customer previously, and would be one again, but that type of mixed communication is what I saw with other hybrid/big turbo upgrades previously. Ultimately they seem to err on the side of safe, off the shelf tunes that cater to a wider range of customers that may require less technical support, which totally makes sense.

Just saying, grain of salt, don't hold your breath, etc.

oheyitskev

Ready to race!
Not to be negative on GIAC because I was a customer previously, and would be one again, but that type of mixed communication is what I saw with other hybrid/big turbo upgrades previously. Ultimately they seem to err on the side of safe, off the shelf tunes that cater to a wider range of customers that may require less technical support, which totally makes sense.

Just saying, grain of salt, don't hold your breath, etc.
Agreed, UM is where it's at, Fred is doing some awesome things for this platform.

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
Agreed, UM is where it's at, Fred is doing some awesome things for this platform.

What's the latest on your BOSS kit?

oheyitskev

Ready to race!
What's the latest on your BOSS kit?
It's installed, I got charged out the ass on labor, due to an incompetent shop, so the money I had that was gonna go towards the tune is gone, so it's gonna be a bit until it's tuned, probably going to make the trip out to Berkeley after Xmas.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
It's installed, I got charged out the ass on labor, due to an incompetent shop, so the money I had that was gonna go towards the tune is gone, so it's gonna be a bit until it's tuned, probably going to make the trip out to Berkeley after Xmas.

:(:(:(

Bummer. Keep us posted as you go!

If you can answer, was the shop inexperienced with this type of install, or were there issues with the kit that caused them problems and took them a long time? Just trying to get a feel for the "completeness" of the kit.

oheyitskev

Ready to race!
:(:(:(

Bummer. Keep us posted as you go!

If you can answer, was the shop inexperienced with this type of install, or were there issues with the kit that caused them problems and took them a long time? Just trying to get a feel for the "completeness" of the kit.
It was all the shop, the only thing different in the kit is the oil and coolant lines, I actually had to call CTS and have them call the shop, to explain it, biggest issue is there were no instructions, the same day they finished the install after talking to CTS. The next day I blew off a radiator hose because they simply didn't put the clamp on it, lesson learned. We have very slim pickings when it comes to good VW shops, I probably would've spent less money having the car trailered to Berkeley to have it done.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
It was all the shop, the only thing different in the kit is the oil and coolant lines, I actually had to call CTS and have them call the shop, to explain it, biggest issue is there were no instructions, the same day they finished the install after talking to CTS. The next day I blew off a radiator hose because they simply didn't put the clamp on it, lesson learned. We have very slim pickings when it comes to good VW shops, I probably would've spent less money having the car trailered to Berkeley to have it done.

Yuck, sounds like an expensive lesson learned with that shop. It's difficult to tell how installs like that are going to go if the shop isn't up to speed on them.

oheyitskev

Ready to race!
Yuck, sounds like an expensive lesson learned with that shop. It's difficult to tell how installs like that are going to go if the shop isn't up to speed on them.
Yeah I had done research on them and found the reviews to be great, I guess they just don't know much when it comes to aftermarket stuff.

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5

oheyitskev

Ready to race!
GIAC is working on the boss kits.
Last I talked to them (about 3 weeks ago on the phone) I was told they weren't even sure if they wanted to tune this kit yet. Apparently I no longer get have a giac dealer near me anymore anyway.