GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is anyone paying below MSRP for their Golf R?

SVTunit

Ready to race!
Is anyone paying below MSRP for their Golf R? As great as this car is, I will not pay sticker for ANY car. Just wanting to hear if anyone has been able to negotiate below MSRP? :cool:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Local dealer has one listed for $2300 off, but that includes $500 trade in & $500 financing. And it's red dsg.

Got-Boost?

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes, I will pick mine up in Columbus OH for $100 over invoice on Dec 1st when my TDI is returned. Deals are around you just need to start calling and shopping. Find out your price and don't pay a penny more.

Starboy

I'm new and I love this forum! I am a potential owner of R :) pending my wife (i.e. CFO/CEO/President of the household) approval...
I am from Japan and I find this forum unfortunately quite US/EMEA centric bias ... but still let me contribute to this thread... not sure if its helpful but I managed to secure a 14% off retail price with my JP dealer for the Variant version of R (2016). What's holding back is that my wife prefers the new A4 2.0... boring but more prestige (branding perspective)...anyway long short of it:
2.0TSI//206kW(280PS)//6速DSG//¥ 5,599,000 (or JPY6m on the road). After a few rounds of haggling it comes down to JPY 5.2m on the road, or roughly 14% off
anyway I will update again on the final cost, after we decided and proceed with the R :)

http://www.volkswagen.co.jp/ja/models/golfrvariant.html

YellowC4S

Ready to race!
2017 Golf R
LSG
DSG
DCC/NAV
Driver Assist
$38404+TTL

SVTunit

Ready to race!

YellowC4S

Ready to race!
I had to go out of state but Fox in Rochester Hills offered $1200 off MSRP several months ago

YellowC4S

Ready to race!
Sutliff is my dealer

Hobdul

FYI, data points from two Bay Area dealers (where it's always tough to get below MSRP on hot cars): VW of Oakland is charging $5K over MSRP, and Serramonte VW in Colma is charging $8K over. Yikes.