GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DCC

edge04

Ready to race!
Wondering if DCC is still used or worthwhile once you start making adjustments to your suspension and tune including trans. I would assume changing any major suspension component will drastically change the use of DCC. I'm wondering this because I am in the market for a golf r and considering saving the money and finding a non DCC car as I will probably make changes. Thanks

Last edited:

sparkman95

Sounds like you already know that the answer is "depends." I LOVE my DCC. I have a Miata on JRZ double-adj coilovers, and a Mustang on MCS doubles, and I still love the functionality of the DCC. If all I planned on was some reasonable lowering springs, some more front camber, a bigger rear sway and some 8.5in wheels, I'd stick with DCC. Beyond that, save your money.

Fully agree. DCC works great as long as spring rates and wheel travel are kept
somewhere near stock. To me more precise, I wouldn't double that spring rate.
OP, You should specify more exactly what suspension mods you're planning on.

edge04

Ready to race!
only thing I'm sure of is a tune with some supporting engine mods like DT, CAI, etc. nothing internal yet :)

As far as suspension, that will be trial and error. I'm not one to just throw a bunch of stuff at something w/o testing. I race a corvette today and will use this as a second track car with some running around the city.

Found I what I believe is a good deal on a 16 non DCC car. NAV I could careless about. If I planned on putting 20k DD miles on this a year I would probably reconsider DCC

Fully agree. DCC works great as long as spring rates and wheel travel are kept
somewhere near stock. To me more precise, I wouldn't double that spring rate.
OP, You should specify more exactly what suspension mods you're planning on.