GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Waiting on buyback and order

NickC

Ready to race!
So I am one of the many TDI owners awaiting buybacks to begin.

I have a very good relationship with my local dealer and salesman, this will be the 3rd time I have worked with him. After speaking with him we decided the best way to guarantee having what I want on the lot at buyback was to order it. So a little over a month ago I ordered a 2017 GTI S manual in Night Blue Metallic, in hopes that it would get here and set a few weeks waiting for me. I have been drooling over it since test driving one a few weeks ago. Yesterday he sent me an update on my order, ETA late December. :eek: Over four months? So his second idea was to just pull one off of the ship as it came into the states, trying to get it here a little earlier. Trying to get out of the TDI as quick as possible to lower my risk of damage and higher mileage. Then the hard question, second color choice. I was dead set on NBM. Second choice would be Carbon Steel grey or Pure White, but was really looking forward to having something different than most.

Now to decide if I wait it out, driving the TDI daily to work, or just settle for another color. :mad:

Last edited:

biglilsteve

Ready to race!
Why wait for a 2017 GTI? The market should still be flooded with unsold 16s going well below MSRP. Were there significant changes for 17?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Why wait for a 2017 GTI? The market should still be flooded with unsold 16s going well below MSRP. Were there significant changes for 17?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

The only significant changes are that there was only a limited run of 2-doors in MY17, you can't get a 2-door with PP, and all trim lines above S include PP now. They also introduced the Sport trim: S plus pp, lp, Nogaro wheels, black side mirrors, and oddly no fog lights :confused:

NickC

Ready to race!
Like I said, I ordered only to make sure I could find exactly what I wanted. I didn't want to go to the dealership for buyback and not come home in what I wanted. Also, in my area GTIs go pretty quick. We only really have 2 dealerships, and they sell as quick as they come in. Not to mention all that come in are Red, black, and white.

NickC

Ready to race!
What options do you want/have to have. I second the leftover 2016 option

Honestly I'm not to picky. My only must haves are plaid interior, manual, and NBM or CSG.

2016s are gone around here, and I ordered to have it ready and waiting for me. Last thing I want to do is sell it back to VW and be looking for a replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
I like your color choices. I'm CSG, and came from a Shadow Blue MK6. Would've gotten the NB in the Mk7 but it wasnt as cool as the 6's blue was and it would've felt like a downgrade (navy blue instead of color changing deep blue/purple). That said, i hadnt seen a NB in person before i got my CSG. Now, i wish i had gone NB[emoji16]. I dont have much to add to this conversation but i'd defs suggest you look into any leftover 2016's bc they'll be pushed at liquidation pricing.

NickC

Ready to race!
Car is done and on the ship! Should be here in 3-6 weeks, hoping the buybacks start soon. Salesman has a few banks willing to push payments out 3 months for TDI guys, but I'd rather not potentially have 3 cars sitting in front of the house that I owe money on.

colonel1941

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm still waiting on the settlement here in Canada. My TDI was a month old when all this TDI stuff started. Hoping to go Straight to the R. the wait is killing me

NickC

Ready to race!
Scheduled to arrive at the port November 3rd. Still waiting on VW to get the ball rolling on buybacks.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Scheduled to arrive at the port November 3rd. Still waiting on VW to get the ball rolling on buybacks.

Did you get the email earlier this week? The judge approved the settlement on, I think, Monday.

NickC

Ready to race!
Did you get the email earlier this week? The judge approved the settlement on, I think, Monday.

Yeah the court settlement was approved Monday. I submitted my documents on the claim site over a month ago, just waiting for them to approve it so I can move forward. I am actually on hold on the phone now waiting to find out why it has taken so long for them to approve my documentation. Some guys on Vortex were approved the very next day. I literally have done every step as soon as I was able to do it thus far.