GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mobil 1 European Car 5qt Oil jugs for $10!

Gro Harlem

Ready to race!
No I do not work for Mobil1 or Walmart, this is just a courtesy thread to help some folks get some cheap motor oil for their GTI/1.8TSI motors.

Walmart sells Mobil 1 European Car formula synthetic motor oil for ~$22 per 5qt jug. Mobil1 currently has a $12 per 5qt jug promotion going on via Mail-in-Rebate located here: https://mobiloil.com/en/promotion/mobil-promotions/up-to-15-dollars-off-with-mobil-1-and-mobil-super

So that basically comes out to $10 + tax per 5qts of VW 502.00 compatible oil for your car! Only problem is limit 2 rebates per household :(.

You have to purchase before Oct 31, 2016 to qualify for the rebate.

I personally bought the 0w40 for my 1.8TSI motor but they have other weights available like 5w40 and 5w30.

panthercity

Thanks!

surfstar

Ready to race!
It was this price for the past 6 months, but now shows $25.47 / 5qt

Costco has 6 qts for $26.99, though and is the better deal with the rebate.
Note you get two rebates per household - so stock up. Been loading up with M1 0w40 since May when the prior rebates started (same deal).

Cannot be beat for its price! DIY oil changes for dirt cheap :D

Gro Harlem

Ready to race!
It was this price for the past 6 months, but now shows $25.47 / 5qt

Costco has 6 qts for $26.99, though and is the better deal with the rebate.
Note you get two rebates per household - so stock up. Been loading up with M1 0w40 since May when the prior rebates started (same deal).

Cannot be beat for its price! DIY oil changes for dirt cheap :D

Pretty sure the online price varies but is higher. Was 21.96 in-store today when I went in central MD for 5qt.

Costco doesn't have the European blend that is 502.00 certified in my area so a no-go there :(

Only thing that sucks about the rebate is the limit of 2. My 1.8TSI uses 7qts of oil so I need 3 5qt jugs to do 2 oil changes. Still a good deal compared to the TDI Mobil 1 ESP oil I used to have to pay $60 per oil change for!

surfstar

Ready to race!
I've used family member names and addresses to get 4 rebates, before ;)

I haven't looked in our Costco yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get the 0w40, either. I've also seen it sold at as Walmart when it was $22.88, (Amazon was matching Walmart's price for a while too) - that's why I stock up when possible!
Every should use this thread as a reminder and buy some!

Flyfishsick

Passed Driver's Ed
i went on Mobil 1 web site and used the find the right oil for my car search engine and this is what i got???

Based on what you've told us, your vehicle manufacturer recommends a 5W-30 or 5W-40 viscosity and oil that meets VW 502 00. We currently do not offer any motor oils in the United States that meet these specifications.