GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to get email updates from the order tracker

Flup

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,

Apologies if this has been covered before, but just thought I'd share this method of getting email updates from the order tracker, as it's helping me not check it every five minutes :)

1. Make yourself an account on www.watchthatpage.com (it's free)
  2. Enter this URL in the 'your pages' bit:

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/track-my-order?orderNumber=12345678

obviously replacing 12345678 with your real order number.
It'll then check the page once a day, emailing you if there are any changes. Mine usually come in mid-morning (GMT).

Hope this is useful to someone!

Cheers
- Ian (who has no involvement with watchthatpage, just finds it very useful)

Flup

Passed Driver's Ed
Looks like the URL displays with a '...' on here, so be sure to copy the full link. It shouldn't contain '...' when you paste it into watchthatpage.

- Ian (hopefully stating the bleedin' obvious :p )

TOYMAN

On another note, could anyone tell me how long it took to get their actual order number. I ordered my car in late Feb and still haven't received an order number. Have chased the dealership a few times but not heard anything back....thanks

Jasgas

Passed Driver's Ed
On another note, could anyone tell me how long it took to get their actual order number. I ordered my car in late Feb and still haven't received an order number. Have chased the dealership a few times but not heard anything back....thanks

Did you get an order number? if not double check they have actually ordered the car I got mine 2 days after my order

Silus

Ready to race!
My dealer sent me a six digit "factory order number": GTI – 537xxx. Did she forget some numbers?? I can't track it!

Thanks for any help.

teenflon5

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,

Apologies if this has been covered before, but just thought I'd share this method of getting email updates from the order tracker, as it's helping me not check it every five minutes :)

1. Make yourself an account on www.watchthatpage.com (it's free)
  2. Enter this URL in the 'your pages' bit:

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/track-my-order?orderNumber=12345678

obviously replacing 12345678 with your real order number.
It'll then check the page once a day, emailing you if there are any changes. Mine usually come in mid-morning (GMT).

Hope this is useful to someone!

Cheers
- Ian (who has no involvement with watchthatpage, just finds it very useful)

I've registered for email and SMS updates using the VW check my order page? How come you suggested using this method, is the VW email thing unreliable? Or just so you get an email every day to say no change?