GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Volkswagen GTI / Golf MK7 General Topics > Ordering | Pricing | PR Material Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2017, 05:57 PM   #1004
Royal
Member
 
Royal's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 MK7 GTI S Pure White
Location: Carlsbad, Ca
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 86
Can anyone share there monthly lease payments in California? The time has finally come to get out of my current lease and into a GTI. I want my payment under 300, and if anyone could share their payments on a 2017 or 2016 GTI S that would help me out a lot.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 06:50 PM   #1005
mkipper
Junior Member
 
Drives: 2007 Toyota 4Runner
Location: Southern CA
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal View Post
Can anyone share there monthly lease payments in California? The time has finally come to get out of my current lease and into a GTI. I want my payment under 300, and if anyone could share their payments on a 2017 or 2016 GTI S that would help me out a lot.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just quoted in Orange County for a 2017 GTI DSG:

12K/year $0 Down/No drive off fees

Sport: $494/month includes tax
SE: $537/month includes tax


Still seems high for a lease.

Here is the sale price with VW Loyalty $1000 off (Not including fees and tax)
Sport $26,650
SE $29,545

Do you think these are good deals. I am looking to get a GTI in the next few months.
mkipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 06:54 PM   #1006
Royal
Member
 
Royal's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 MK7 GTI S Pure White
Location: Carlsbad, Ca
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkipper View Post
I was just quoted in Orange County for a 2017 GTI DSG:



12K/year $0 Down/No drive off fees



Sport: $494/month includes tax

SE: $537/month includes tax





Still seems high for a lease.



Here is the sale price with VW Loyalty $1000 off (Not including fees and tax)

Sport $26,650

SE $29,545



Do you think these are good deals. I am looking to get a GTI in the next few months.


I just picked up an S in San Diego for 300 a month. 12k a year, 36 months, 3000 down. My sale price was 23,755 I think. And I had 1100 in negative equity from my old mk6. You should be able to get them down to 26,000 on a sport before taxes. I went to mossy VW in Escondido.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 06:57 PM   #1007
Royal
Member
 
Royal's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 MK7 GTI S Pure White
Location: Carlsbad, Ca
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkipper View Post
I was just quoted in Orange County for a 2017 GTI DSG:



12K/year $0 Down/No drive off fees



Sport: $494/month includes tax

SE: $537/month includes tax





Still seems high for a lease.



Here is the sale price with VW Loyalty $1000 off (Not including fees and tax)

Sport $26,650

SE $29,545



Do you think these are good deals. I am looking to get a GTI in the next few months.


Also forgot, ask for everything if you are leasing. Ask for money factor (APR), residual, etc. It will show the dealer you're really serious. I got mine on a Tuesday and It was the only car they sold all day, so they gave me what I wanted.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 07:19 PM   #1008
GolfWang
Senior Member
 
GolfWang's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Night Blue DSG S
Location: Central/South Jersey, Philly
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 3,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkipper View Post
I was just quoted in Orange County for a 2017 GTI DSG:



12K/year $0 Down/No drive off fees



Sport: $494/month includes tax

SE: $537/month includes tax





Still seems high for a lease.



Here is the sale price with VW Loyalty $1000 off (Not including fees and tax)

Sport $26,650

SE $29,545



Do you think these are good deals. I am looking to get a GTI in the next few months.


These are horrendous payments. You could be in a Golf R for 537 a month with like 1 K down.
GolfWang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 07:29 PM   #1009
CeleritasPrime
Member
 
Drives: 2017 GTI Sport 6MT "Hella Stock"
Location: Miami, Flori-duh
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 58
The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

I got my Sport (manual trans w/ roadside kit and monster mats) in December for $24,700 and financed through my credit union. Nearly $5k off MSRP.

I know I am preaching to the choir here but other than MAYBE a Fiesta ST there is nothing even close to this quality and fun for this price.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CeleritasPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 04:01 AM   #1010
crxgator
Senior Member
 
crxgator's Avatar
 
Drives: Vans Authentic
Location: Raleigh, NC / Kingston, NY
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfWang View Post
These are horrendous payments. You could be in a Golf R for 537 a month with like 1 K down.


Definitely seems high. I was offered a Sport back in September for $388/mo $0 total out of pocket. 12k/year for miles


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2017 GTI Sport

crxgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 04:06 AM   #1011
Mbarton36
Senior Member
 
Drives: 2017 GTI sport 6MT, 2014 Cherokee V6 Limited AWD
Location: New York
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 173
If the refreshed 2018 models are coming out within the next few months those lease deals should get sweeter


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mbarton36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:22 AM   #1012
snobrdrdan
Senior Member
 
snobrdrdan's Avatar
 
Drives: a VW
Location: Southeast Michigan
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,632
Send a message via AIM to snobrdrdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbarton36 View Post
If the refreshed 2018 models are coming out within the next few months those lease deals should get sweeter
Not usually the case....that'll drive the values of the older model down, thus making the lease worse unless VW throws more money/incentives towards it

They usually push buying more than leasing when the model year is coming to an end, since the car is now a year old and won't have the same residual as before
__________________
'17 Passat VR6
'17 Passat R-line
snobrdrdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:01 PM   #1013
CBR
Junior Member
 
Drives: M Roadster, Turbo Miata, Supercharged Tahoe, Civic
Location: MA
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeleritasPrime View Post
I got my Sport (manual trans w/ roadside kit and monster mats) in December for $24,700 and financed through my credit union. Nearly $5k off MSRP.

I know I am preaching to the choir here but other than MAYBE a Fiesta ST there is nothing even close to this quality and fun for this price.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just for clarification:

Did your price of $24.7k include "documentation fees" / all other dealer fees and costs, and freight / transportation fees ($820) and did it include effect of any VW direct-to-purchaser incentives (like Loyalty or Recent College Grad)? Finally, was a trade involved?

Thanks.

Last edited by CBR; 04-19-2017 at 09:12 PM.
CBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:11 PM   #1014
CBR
Junior Member
 
Drives: M Roadster, Turbo Miata, Supercharged Tahoe, Civic
Location: MA
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHen View Post

Nobody should really care how much I paid for tax, tags, license, and dealer doc fee, or what I got for my trade if applicable.
Nonsense. "Documentation Fees" represent and only represent dealer markup -- it is a part of price -- and doc fees vary considerably from dealer to dealer.

And combining two transactions, a new car purchase with a trade in completely muddies the water as to the real economics of either transaction taken alone. Dealers nearly always give you a haircut on your trade in order to give you an artificially lower price on your new car purchase. And they do this because it's easy to value a new car but much harder to value a used car.
CBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:34 PM   #1015
CeleritasPrime
Member
 
Drives: 2017 GTI Sport 6MT "Hella Stock"
Location: Miami, Flori-duh
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR View Post
Just for clarification:

Did your price of $24.7k include "documentation fees" / all other dealer fees and costs, and freight / transportation fees ($820) and did it include effect of any VW direct-to-purchaser incentives (like Loyalty or Recent College Grad)? Finally, was a trade involved?

Thanks.


There was a "dealer profit assurance" fee of around $250 IIRC and I brought a loan from my credit union so I got a $1,000 "cash deal" discount. No grad discount, etc.

There was a trade but it was a barely-running 16 year old POS Ford (no AC, worn out engine and everything else) that I was happy to get $500 for so not a lot to play for there.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CeleritasPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 04:48 AM   #1016
Flying
Junior Member
 
Drives: 2017 GTI
Location: Oakland
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 12
Sunnyvale VW just quoted me $350 + tax/month, $888 drive off, for a 2017 GTI sport DSG.

Sale price is $24,370 after all incentives and loyalty discounts applied. Pretty awesome deal, might be looking at $26.5k Otd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal View Post
Can anyone share there monthly lease payments in California? The time has finally come to get out of my current lease and into a GTI. I want my payment under 300, and if anyone could share their payments on a 2017 or 2016 GTI S that would help me out a lot.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 06:17 PM   #1017
figsys
Junior Member
 
Drives: GTI SEL DSG 2017
Location: Boston, MA
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 2
'17 SE DSG w/lighting package

MSRP: $33,265
Paid: $27,400 (incentives,loyalty,partners, no 0.9 finance, not new grad) before taxes, title etc

This is in Boston area - if anyone is interested in a couple of dealers PM me.

Last edited by figsys; 04-25-2017 at 06:27 PM.
figsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 01:19 AM   #1018
etrips
Junior Member
 

Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 29
'17 GTI SE Manual + monster mats + roadside assistance kit
MSRP: $32,030
Paid: $25,599.17 + TTL + Docs + Delivery (no incentives, womp womp)
Total OTD: $27,456.25

Edit: This was in Northern Virginia at Stholman VW

Last edited by etrips; 04-27-2017 at 02:07 AM.
etrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 01:04 AM   #1019
CBR
Junior Member
 
Drives: M Roadster, Turbo Miata, Supercharged Tahoe, Civic
Location: MA
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by etrips View Post
'17 GTI SE Manual + monster mats + roadside assistance kit
MSRP: $32,030
Paid: $25,599.17 + TTL + Docs + Delivery (no incentives, womp womp)
Total OTD: $27,456.25

Edit: This was in Northern Virginia at Stholman VW

Something doesn't add up. Sales tax excluded? (Out the door includes sales tax but perhaps you excluded because MSRP is before sales tax?).

Also, doc fees are part of price (as is delivery) -- so how much were the doc fees?

Finally, was there a trade involved?

Last edited by CBR; 04-29-2017 at 01:11 AM.
CBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 01:09 AM   #1020
CBR
Junior Member
 
Drives: M Roadster, Turbo Miata, Supercharged Tahoe, Civic
Location: MA
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by figsys View Post
'17 SE DSG w/lighting package

MSRP: $33,265
Paid: $27,400 (incentives,loyalty,partners, no 0.9 finance, not new grad) before taxes, title etc

This is in Boston area - if anyone is interested in a couple of dealers PM me.
Loyalty incentive was $1k. What is "partners" incentive (MGH or BWH?) and how much for this incentive? What item(s) does "etc" refer to (only ma registration / tags or something else too?)

Was a trade involved?
CBR is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.