GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BlackGolfsMatter

vwauug

Ready to race!
Hey Everyone,

I'm new here and wanted to post a quick intro thread so I feel less like a creeper.

Out with the old: (RIP)

And in with the new:

Current "mods":

There is also a third mod that is "view-able" from the exterior pic if anyone can guess. Hint, it is not obvious yet it isn't "small".

So what’s the external mod?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
Username is absolutely garbage and disrespectful. You're one of those pricks that probably parades around with a 'Headaches Matter' sign on Breast Cancer Awareness month.

Whatswrongwithamerica.txt

Good to see the SJW decided to come out of the woodwork on the first page. :rolleyes:

Where did you pick up your spare from?

BlackGolfsMatter

Passed Driver's Ed
Mmmm nice! Didn’t know you could have the sub and a spare tire kit. Definitely next mod!

any chance you could share a link to the spare-tire mod?

Where did you pick up your spare from?

Here are the part numbers and sources (distilled from the link):

Spare Tire and Accessories

Foam & cut-out piece sold together
Sold Separately
ROW Foam: 5G0012115N
Cut Out Trim ROW: 5G6863459L82V

Express OEM Parts
Spare 18” Wheel: 5K0601011AA
Jack Scissor Stand: 5C0011031B
Lug Wrench: 4D0012219A
Jack Handle: 5QM011221

Last edited:

BlackGolfsMatter

Passed Driver's Ed
Username is absolutely garbage and disrespectful. You're one of those pricks that probably parades around with a 'Headaches Matter' sign on Breast Cancer Awareness month.

I respect your opinion and hope we can move on. However, if it really is a problem, I am happy to change it. I was hoping we could all just be adults about this and take it lightly.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I respect your opinion and hope we can move on. However, if it really is a problem, I am happy to change it. I was hoping we could all just be adults about this and take it lightly.

I'm not that kind of person, but I don't think a username that's an...homage? (certainly you're not mocking) to the phrase used in the US right now by a group of people protesting and bringing awareness of police brutality and inequality to minority groups, and taking it "lightly" is gonna work for ya.

That's not a complaint or vote to change your name, but you've gotta have perspective to understand why your choice of usernames might not be super appropriate all things considered.

INB4 West Coast liberal comments. Boom 2 comments below me, making a double assumption there. P.S. This isn't a political/partisan issue, it's just a car forum. Consider that.

Last edited:

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
Welcome to the forum, first and foremost. Is your R is going to be a dally driver? If so please make sure that you replace the front plastic skid plate for safety as quick as possible, due to the plastic oil pan. Here is a link: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-par...m-street-shield-skid-plate-kit/011768ecs01kt/?utm_source=golfmk7&utm_medium=forum&utm_campaign=chuck_10_17_2017

You are going to love the R, I know I love mine.

Let me know if I can be of any help

Chuck

USA

Ready to race!
Do not change a thing. It is your username I think it is cool. The liberal left will try and bully you to change it. Be your own person. Anyway I will post pics later of my R. Welcome to the forum.

USA

Ready to race!
Welcome to the forum, first and foremost. Is your R is going to be a dally driver? If so please make sure that you replace the front plastic skid plate for safety as quick as possible, due to the plastic oil pan. Here is a link: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-par...m-street-shield-skid-plate-kit/011768ecs01kt/?utm_source=golfmk7&utm_medium=forum&utm_campaign=chuck_10_17_2017

You are going to love the R, I know I love mine.

Let me know if I can be of any help

Chuck
Any oil pan metal or plastic should no be taking hits. I am getting lowered next week and I like this shield. Are they in stock?

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Any oil pan metal or plastic should no be taking hits. I am getting lowered next week and I like this shield. Are they in stock?

My car is only lowered on springs and I scraped it on some built up pavement. It can easily take hits, insurance should be considered, if you're lowered especially.