GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 GTI pricing

Vrrm11

Passed Driver's Ed
Anybody have any guesses on what the MSRP will be when they come out, and more importantly, what they might actually sell for?

Keep in mind the 2018s will have the new, longer warranty. I think 2018 trims are limited to just S, SE, and AB.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Everyones still waiting. I would say MSRP would be close to 2017. But you will not see deep discounts as what you see with 2017s.

Last edited:

Vrrm11

Passed Driver's Ed
That's why I wrote "any guesses? ". Not looking for a fact.

An informed guess based on past pricing and what we know about the new car and warranty.

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
The 2018 will have probably nearly the same discounts in towards May compared to the 2017 in May. The warranty isn't enough to keep discounts off

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
The 2018 will have probably nearly the same discounts in towards May compared to the 2017 in May. The warranty isn't enough to keep discounts off

I see them moving away from teh discounts for a newer car. They did it for diesel gate but they can move the discounts to other cars that they need to make money on

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
I see them moving away from teh discounts for a newer car. They did it for diesel gate but they can move the discounts to other cars that they need to make money on

You mean because of facelift? I don't know gti history. Haven't they always had discounts

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
You mean because of facelift? I don't know gti history. Haven't they always had discounts

Not almost 6k+ off. That happened because of the scandal. There will be discount at some point but you won't see these great deals. Vw wants to get into the suv/cuv market here so they'll throw those deals on those car when it comes time if needed

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
I'm not too concerned about the price. What I'm dying to know is what options and colors will be available here and when it will be open for orders.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Options have been stated already in the press release from months ago. Colors are most likely what canada has

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
Options have been stated already in the press release from months ago. Colors are most likely what canada has

Yeah I've seen that, but we still don't know ALL the options (like wheels for example). I really just want them to put up the configuration tool on the website and start taking orders.

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
Not almost 6k+ off. That happened because of the scandal. There will be discount at some point but you won't see these great deals. Vw wants to get into the suv/cuv market here so they'll throw those deals on those car when it comes time if needed

that 5-6k off, keep in mind 2018 will be hitting lots in no time and the car will already be last years model without the facelift. That alone in depreciation will make up for any differences in discounts. They are still feeling the effects of the scandal, it's not like it's over already for 2018. There will still be good discounts

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
that 5-6k off, keep in mind 2018 will be hitting lots in no time and the car will already be last years model without the facelift. That alone in depreciation will make up for any differences in discounts. They are still feeling the effects of the scandal, it's not like it's over already for 2018. There will still be good discounts

As soon as 18s hit the dealers those discounts will not carry over to the new model. Discounts will stay the seam for 17s for the time being unless they really need to make room for new cars

PlaidDad

Ready to race!
So it seems the main differences besides minor front cosmetics are the LED tails, a bigger infotainment screen, and the Golf R brakes (on the front, or all 4 wheels?)

I'd be looking at an SE, it's not clear to me if that will still include leather and a sunroof.