GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

moisture in headlight

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
so i installed the deautokey hid kit well about 2 weeks after install i started getting moisture in the driver side headlight...anyone have a clue what would cause this or a possible fix?

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Condensation likely caused it (change in temperature in ambient air resulting in water separating from air), and a well placed silicon pack to absorb moisture and dry out air should resolve.

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
Condensation likely caused it (change in temperature in ambient air resulting in water separating from air), and a well placed silicon pack to absorb moisture and dry out air should resolve.

maybe ill have to seal the dust cover where the wires come through alot better than i did...ill take a look later

nate704

Go Kart Champion
so i installed the deautokey hid kit well about 2 weeks after install i started getting moisture in the driver side headlight...anyone have a clue what would cause this or a possible fix?

if you did not have the problem before the hid install, it is the hid kit install that caused it.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Remember HID's run cooler than halogen and HID headlights do have condensation on the inside more than halogen as it is not evaporated off as quickly.

The kit is not the problem it is normal for HID's.

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
Remember HID's run cooler than halogen and HID headlights do have condensation on the inside more than halogen as it is not evaporated off as quickly.

anyway i can have this not happen...what throws me off is its only in one headlight and not the other

darth_furious1

Passed Driver's Ed

Where does the water originate from? Is there always water in the housing? It shouldn't enter in the first place, regardless of the bulb. Halogens may help remove it a little better but it shouldn't have to remove any moisture if it is properly sealed. Seems like you have another probem

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
Where does the water originate from? Is there always water in the housing? It shouldn't enter in the first place, regardless of the bulb. Halogens may help remove it a little better but it shouldn't have to remove any moisture if it is properly sealed. Seems like you have another probem

there is no puddles or anything in the headlight...it just gets foggy and has condensation like cups and stuff get on the inside...thats it...its going to the dealer today to see if i can squeeze a new headlight or something

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
Keep us updated, we never seen this issue with our HID kits.

The grommet included will seal the dust cap tightly. Did you remove bumper/headlights during install?

i did remove the headlight for install and the goofy thing is...i installed both sides the same identical way...one side has condensation the other doesnt...im baffled...idk if the seal around the headlight somehow broke or what

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
Haven't gotten in to mine yet but if there are little vent caps on the back make sure they are not fully pressed in.

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
UPDATE: Moisture is entirely gone once i adjusted the rubber grommet to the hole better...now my drive side HID doesnt work...checked all possible connections with headlight in...now gotta pull the headlight out and check everything else...starting to be more aggravation than its worth