GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Keeping Warranty w/APR

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
1st I’m in US, bud :)

2nd most, if dsg, tune both ecu/tcu so um charges 1300 thought apr was closer to 1500, so start there. An Intercooler, at least a good one is a g note. That’s 2500 if you’re sticking with apr, if you’re using a cat and sticking with apr you’re in for 3300 bucks, the intake is useless but most drop the 4-500 on it. 3800 ish if you’ve used all apr stuff and installed it yourself. And you and I both know most don’t install themselves and buy dv’s, piping, etc

Most people are in about 4gs just for a basic “stage 2” setup, installed. Add catback 5-5500. You may not be, most are however. You can cut costs, lose the intake, catback, and Intercooler especially if you live somewhere cool. But you’re probably still in 1500 ish tuning, 1000 just for catted dp installed, 50 bucks drop in filter. If it’s hot, at least a g note for the Intercooler and you’re gonna be in 3500 just for a true, base apr stage 2 setup.

I agree with ya, cheaper ways to do some mods, catless/used parts, but you’re out the 1500 for tuning, and if ya want new parts with a converter 2500 minimum. It gets pricey quick and all most have done is 2-3 actual hard parts and tuning.

I meant German tax to reflect that OEM and aftermarket parts costs are higher on German brand cars vs say Toyota Honda etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
I tallied up my mod spending last week... I highly suggest NOT doing that, for sanity's sake.

:(

I finally tallied up what I spent on my 4K Porsche 944... it came up to over $10,000 T___T I cried

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I tallied up my mod spending last week... I highly suggest NOT doing that, for sanity's sake.

:(

I tallied up mine in Excel with tools in another column as well, wish I hadn't. Think I am pretty much done with spending now though until I am willing to go down the path of no return with a new turbo and Cobb AP + TCU tune. Want to eat up a good chunk of my drivetrain warranty before that happens though.

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
I tallied up mine in Excel with tools in another column as well, wish I hadn't. Think I am pretty much done with spending now though until I am willing to go down the path of no return with a new turbo and Cobb AP + TCU tune. Want to eat up a good chunk of my drivetrain warranty before that happens though.

I said the same thing after I got the JB4 installed. Tires, JB4, some lamix, wheels... done and done.

Then came the DP, better tires, winters tires, KW coils, TCU, calipers + pads + rotors + lines, used IS20 + custom hybrid, ... I'd be happy to have only spent $3500 :D

I haven't even tallied the tools. I'll pass on that exercise.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
OP can go with the low power APR Plus tune and APR will throw in a third-party drivetrain warranty for 5/60. And about $2000. So I would rather spend $299 for Dinan piggyback that's rated at about the same power.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Unless you’re td1’d already, then it had nothing to do with your dealer. The manufacturer will not pay the dealer and the dealer would have to eat the cost of repair after the manufacturer denies it do to the td1 flag

If you had an actual drivetrain issue, the manufacturer wouldn’t warranty it, if the dealer did, they the dealer end up incurring the cost. Like I said your seal failure was not deemed a failure of the modified drivetrain thus they covered it. If you had an obvious drivetrain issue vw has the right to not honor it, nothing to do with specific dealer.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
OP can go with the low power APR Plus tune and APR will throw in a third-party drivetrain warranty for 5/60. And about $2000. So I would rather spend $299 for Dinan piggyback that's rated at about the same power.
please buy the Dinan and give it a thorough review. Or maybe I will. Or, I'll buy yours should you tire of it :)

Pingers

Ready to race!
Unless you're paying cash for your R, I would stick the $6K as a down payment. That way you owe considerably less on your car out of the door, have a lower monthly payment and you could pay it off sooner.

If you are paying cash for your R. I hate you. ;)

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Salesman told me yes through APR but because he just wants to sell I am second guessing him. I know with Ford if it is a Ford Racing product installed by a dealer warranty stands. Guess not with the R. Thanks guys.

VW doesn't own APR.

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
I know with Ford if it is a Ford Racing product installed by a dealer warranty stands

That's actually a misconception. Only certain parts maintain the warranty, and even then, there is a disclaimer that states...
"Engine, driveline
and suspension concerns not caused by the use of Ford Performance or mountune parts remain eligible for warranty
coverage according to the terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty"

So basically throw a supercharger on, engine blows...oh the extra boost from the ford supercharger did it, warranty voided on powertrain. Always read dat fine print!