GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ZacR's Build Thread

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Finally..this is going to be a game changer!

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Zacr811

Ready to race!
The new G-loc R16 pads came in for the new BBK....add it to the pile of parts waiting to be installed...

Zacr811

Ready to race!
New wortec baffled oil pan came in. Built in baffles around the pump with heat sinks to reduce oil temps. Also drops oil temps according to users. Perfect for what I'm doing with my car.

digilio86

Ready to race!
Just snapped my front sway link on my RSS+ Clubsports, so I feel your pain. Awesome build man! Subbed for wavetrac impressions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Just snapped my front sway link on my RSS+ Clubsports, so I feel your pain. Awesome build man! Subbed for wavetrac impressions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That sucks man. KW has agreed to replace mine for only $75.

Wavetrac install takes place on the 18th. Very excited.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Will the 17x9 et45 255/40-17 combo work on the rear?

I love the look on the front and would love to run it square.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Will the 17x9 et45 255/40-17 combo work on the rear?

I love the look on the front and would love to run it square.
No it would be way to tight.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
No it would be way to tight.

Thanks!

Great build.

Look forward to following it.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Thanks!

Great build.

Look forward to following it.
Thanks man. Big things to come over the winter.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
So about a month ago I saw a company named Prodigy Werks looking for someone to sponsor/test out their new BBK for the MK7 MQB platform. After applying and talking to their rep I sent them my info hoping to get the chance at testing out their new kit. I was lucky enough to be giving the opportunity to do so. Fast forward to today and this showed up. Here are a quick couple pics but I will have a full video and review on these soon.

Everything seems to be very high quality and the packaging alone is fantastic. They included a set of their race pads which I'll put up against my G-loc R16 to compare. They are a true 6 pot caliper that are incredibly light. The rotors are also very light and also a 2 piece with aluminum hats. They also included all brackets and mounting hardware with new stainless steel lines.

I can't wait to get out the the track Saturday and test these out!

Full review to come.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
2017-09-25.

Been a while since my last update and it's safe to say alot has happened in between then.

First up. I had my last time attack race last weekend and managed to take 1st place! I didn't even have a good lap and ran 1 second off my PB but it was enough. I'll take it! I won't a new set of tires, some oil, another Pirelli hat and a big trophy! Sweet.

I also finished third overall in the series even after missing a race. Great first season and can't wait for 2018. I decided to move up to street class which allows more aggressive builds and aero. So I'm in talks with APR and having a GT250 rear wing mounted with custom brackets to the chassis over the winter. Along with a front splitter and some fender vents. Let the hate commence..haha

A few pics from last weekend.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Now for some build updates.

The car is in the shop right now having the LSD installed along with poly lower control arm bushings. Should be back in a few days.

The oil pan is going to go on this Thursday. I just got the new gasket and sealant.

APR GT250 rear airfoil /wing is on order. Pic below.

Front splitter being made over the winter. Custom with diffusers and fender vents.

I grabbed a DSG breather box from VW. It is supposed to help catch oil and relieve the DSG of pressure build up instead of having it vent into the atmosphere like it is doing now. Which creates a huge mess.

Out of nowhere I found a good deal on a R400 kit...i just wanted the front bumper since it's lighter and has no for a so I can make brake vents. So I may sell the remainder of the kit but for now I'm just using the front bumper.

I also have a 3 inch aluminum straight pipe being made. Car needs to loose weight.

Everything from the b pillars back is being stripped out as well.

That's going to be taking place over the next 5 or 6 months. Going to be a long winter.

dandwyer

Vorshlag Camber Plates

Vorshlag camber plates are in. I cut the strut towers to make room to run maximum camber. Worked out perfect. Headed to get Na alignment tomorrow evening after work.

These camber plates are a true piece of art. Very high quality with tight tolerances. They make no noise and really are a step above everyone else. Install was easy.

I'm hoping to run more than - 3 degrees... It also tucked the front wheels in nicely.

Love the build!
I'm interested in the Vorshlag camber plates as well for HPDE in my MQB Audi A3, but not yet as committed as you to cut the strut tower! It looked like maybe max caster would also contribute to interference on the strut tower? In any case, I was hoping you could tell me if I would get decent negative camber out of them under either of min/max caster without getting out the cutoff wheel. Thanks!