GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

42DD O2 Spacer Orientation

GarabinS1

Ready to race!
Mods: JB1 with CTS Catted Down pipe with precat O2 location.

I purchased a 42 draft design 02 spacer and installed it today. I wasn't sure which way to orient the spacer, and if i should install the nut or not. I initially oriented the spacer towards the turbo, but still received a CEL afterwards. I'm wondering how you guys placed your precat spacer, and which position/ how far into or away from the downpipe has been successful at eliminating the CEL....if that makes any sense. Thanks

http://www.hstuning.com/product_info.php?products_id=32

SLOWR

Ready to race!
Only way is to get a tune to fully eliminate the CEL! I have the CTS catless downpipe with their o2 sensor spacer, and it doesn't even work like some people said it would!

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Only way is to get a tune to fully eliminate the CEL! I have the CTS catless downpipe with their o2 sensor spacer, and it doesn't even work like some people said it would!

You cant really complain that you're getting a CEL with a catless DP, regardless of whether people told you that you wouldnt

Chronic

Go Kart Champion

Agree have exactly the same as you used the o2 sensor didn't work as well was told it would only thing that gets ride of CEL is a stage 2 tune

gtibrad

ZUM DIS
I heard of the varied success as well and why I chose the cheap spacer. My thinking was it will or will not work. I would either use the GIAC tune or go back to the DM tune because the DM tune had the CEL patch written in. But mine did work...probably because only $14. :p

Again, was your O2 tested or was it new?

Ready to race!

I purchased a 42 draft design 02 spacer and installed it today. I wasn't sure which way to orient the spacer, and if i should install the nut or not. I initially oriented the spacer towards the turbo, but still received a CEL afterwards. I'm wondering how you guys placed your precat spacer, and which position/ how far into or away from the downpipe has been successful at eliminating the CEL....if that makes any sense. Thanks

you said you got a cel. what is the code of the cel? did you scan it yet?

SimonR0615

I heard of the varied success as well and why I chose the cheap spacer. My thinking was it will or will not work. I would either use the GIAC tune or go back to the DM tune because the DM tune had the CEL patch written in. But mine did work...probably because only $14. :p

Again, was your O2 tested or was it new?

Currently, I have HPA catless DP with GIAC stage 2 tune. The GIAC tune does not cover the CEL. I send them email couple of times, they are always gave me same answer lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtibrad

ZUM DIS
Yep...GIAC will not correct a tune or provide a tune with a catless patch. This is why I had to try the angled spacer, the cheap one, and if it didn't eliminate the code...go back to the DM tune.

Why Catless? I did so because leaded race fuel is much cheaper than unleaded 101oct...$18/gal for MS-109 and $8/gal for 104oct leaded race fuel at the track. Plus I live outside the required DEQ testing area here.

ballistic365

I'm curious, did you ever get a solution? I have the same issue.

gtibrad

ZUM DIS
Hey OP? I just noticed in your first post...you say "precat spacer". If you added a spacer for the code for a DP whether catted or not, you need the spacer to be added to the post-cat bung. The first O2 is your lambda O2 the second is for cat function.